98 Jeep TJ Auto Trany Slipping

Underdog

So my tranny is slipping in, I think, in 2nd and 3rd gears. In any rate at around 15mph and 50mph. Fluid level is full. What is the liklyhood I am going to be learning to rebuild a auto tranny?

Underdog

I had someone look at the Jeep. They dont think it is the modulator. It seems to be skiping second gear and going from first to third (stays in 2nd for a second or two). Looked in the service manual and could not find the modulator, what else could it be or does christler refer to it as somthing else? :confused:

Underdog

I should have said they think it is the modulator. Does anyone have any idea of what part this could be? On most auto tranys is called the modulator and is an easy swap. Any ideas would be great. In any rate it will likely wait for the next 9 months as I am going to Afghanistan this weekend.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Underdog said:
I should have said they think it is the modulator. Does anyone have any idea of what part this could be? On most auto tranys is called the modulator and is an easy swap. Any ideas would be great. In any rate it will likely wait for the next 9 months as I am going to Afghanistan this weekend.
Dude, no much help from the peanut gallery. I don't know what the parts are either. Take care of yourself over there. How long you going to be gone?

Underdog

BS,
Hey, your not kidding there is no help, I have posted this question in a few forums with no help. The modulator as I understand it controls the shifting on an auto tranny and is often externally mounted and vacume operated.
I should be back in late February if all goes well. Hawaii is great but I still miss Utah.

74highboy

try kevin dolan 801-254-5147 he has a shop behind his house he is very good just had him do my trany done for under a grand very fast work he can tell you whats wrong if you take it to his shop give him a call