99 CTD w/ cracked exaust manifold

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
samizook said:
I read somewhere in DTR that the holset turbo was designed without having a silencer ring and that it was mainly a dodge issue. Mine has always been more noisy than most other ctds iv'e listened to. I still have mine in. I can hear it whine more now that ive got a AFE stage II. I'm sure I'll take it out eventually. :cool: :D

it takes like three minutes to remove it. take off the turbo clamp, take out a snap ring and remove the silencer ring.
how you liking the afe stage 2? i want it bad!

samizook

xj_punk said:
it takes like three minutes to remove it. take off the turbo clamp, take out a snap ring and remove the silencer ring.
how you liking the afe stage 2? i want it bad!
I'm thinking Saturday I'll be removing mine. As for the AFE goes, It's hard to say if it helped out at all. I installed Jammer III's the same time i installed the AFE. Between both of them, there is an incredible difference. :cool. But, it puts out more smoke than i'd like it to. Have you got any other "bombs"?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
samizook said:
I'm thinking Saturday I'll be removing mine. As for the AFE goes, It's hard to say if it helped out at all. I installed Jammer III's the same time i installed the AFE. Between both of them, there is an incredible difference. :cool. But, it puts out more smoke than i'd like it to. Have you got any other "bombs"?

jammer IIIs?
i have a crappy vanaaken 75 horse chip, bigger injectors (don't know what ones) and just 4" dual exhaust. it smokes pretty good sometimes. i wish it would smoke more actually :cool:
after i get a tranny kit i am going with a much more powerful chip, it will be awhile!
sorry for the hijack
so whats the story with the manifold cody? did you install it already?