9mm over .40 s&w for personal defense

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
That's crazy. I grew up about a block from the house where that happened. As for IDPA matches, the ut county group shoots at the farm out by 5 mile. I usually shoot my 23.

Grim

anyone carrying a conceled firearm should shoot an IDPA type match , not only a LOT of fun , you can learn so much in an afternoon. anyone can hit a paper target, but do it under pressure, its a whole new ball game.

tblack

Safety 3rd
I have decided not to get my concealed. I completely agree with exercising the 2nd and have more guns than i know what to do with. But if a guy comes up to me and says "hey buddy, give me your wallet or i am going to kill you" Im going to hand him my wallet and let him be on his way. If i shoot the guy and he doesnt die, ill probably go to prison. I dont think i could bring myself to kill someone, so until i feel ok with killing some desperate criminal, i guess ill wait to get my concealed.

What are your thoughts on that. 90 percent of my friends and family who have concealed weapons seem so comfortable with killing the guy that wants your wallet. sooooo...... are they weird? or am i weird?

I have decided not to get my concealed. I completely agree with exercising the 2nd and have more guns than i know what to do with. But if a guy comes up to me and says "hey buddy, give me your wallet or i am going to kill you" Im going to hand him my wallet and let him be on his way. If i shoot the guy and he doesnt die, ill probably go to prison. I dont think i could bring myself to kill someone, so until i feel ok with killing some desperate criminal, i guess ill wait to get my concealed.

What are your thoughts on that. 90 percent of my friends and family who have concealed weapons seem so comfortable with killing the guy that wants your wallet. sooooo...... are they weird? or am i weird?

If only life were that simple...

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I don't think the majority of people carrying a permit will kill over a wallet, I know I wouldn't.

I would kill to protect my family from harm. Wallets can be replaced, my children cannot.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
How do you know that they will let you walk free once you give them your wallet? What if they decide you are worth more if they take you to some other location and have you go to the ATM everyday and withdraw money? With your wallet they have your home address, what if they decide to take you to your home where your children and wife are? There are so many variables. I personally am not ever very worried when traveling by myself. If my wife or my children are with me I am much more comfortable having a way to defend them. If I get in a fight by myself and my attacker disables me that is one thing, if my wife is with me and I am disabled and unable to protect her that is another.

I actually had someone break into my home at night. I was pretty sure they were after my little brothers "recreational medication" since he was living with us at the time. I had to decide what I was going to do before I went walking through the house with a gun. It would be tragic to shoot a stupid kid who was just trying to steal my TV, but it would be much more tragic to have my wife and children raped, tortured and murdered because I wasn't sure of the intruders intentions. I made the decision that if you are in my house at night without my consent you mean to kill me and my family. I will act according to that.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
^ Agree. If I did not let you into my home yet you're walking around inside of it, you will be dispatched. There's a few exceptions to that, but mainly understand that I will fire until the threat (you) is no longer a threat.

A good idea if you have family or friends that may end up in your home late at night, is to have a password that they can call out so they don't end up with their craniu's gray matter all over the end table..

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

How do you know that they will just take your wallet and leave you unharmed or alive? And if they do leave you alive, what about their next victim? I wouldnt trust my life to any criminal who brandishes a weapon.

I'm absolutely not ok with killing a person who wants my wallet, but I am ok with defending my own life against somebody who threatens my very life over anything. It's just natural law of survival.

Concealed carry isn't for evybody so that's completely up to you. Just giving my viewpoint.