A hero emerges

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Well, two really.. Read the full story here.

I just wanted to highlight Officer Downes' awesome 75ft shot with a handgun after receiving a gunshot to the leg. That's an amazing accomplishment to stop the threat quickly and effectively, all while being rained on with lead. Hats off to Downes..

Last edited:

Grim

very awesome! its hard enough to hit a target at 75 yards with a hand gun

ok , ft , thats a little closer , still not an easy shot with someone shooting back at you

Last edited:

GOAT

Back from the beyond
officerdown.gif

sorry, my misunderstanding

Mug

PHORmerly
Well, two really.. Read the full story here.

I just wanted to highlight Officer Downes' awesome 75ft shot with a handgun after receiving a gunshot to the leg. That's an amazing accomplishment to stop the threat quickly and effectively, all while being rained on with lead. Hats off to Downes..

Where did you hear 75 ft? I didn't see it in the article. It did say he asked him to put down the rifle which would be quite a yell from 75'... not impossible though.

very awesome! its hard enough to hit a target at 75 yards with a hand gun

Yards ≠ ft :D

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I heard 75' on the news. Good shot, right in the head, below the helmet and above the Kevlar. That's a good shot.

I hope you can yell loud enough to be heard at 75', Marshall... :D

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I don't consider 75' too far for a shout. But a great head shot with a handgun after being hit.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
That is a GREAT shot with all the adrenaline flowing.

Fun exercise: sprint 100yds, draw, attempt to hit target. Suprising what a difference it makes. :D

snccoulter

www.coulters-inc.com
I hate to see a fellow military member have such serious mental issues and not get the help he needed. It is unacceptable! There had to have been signs he was having issues after returning from his deployment, but it does happen. The wheels of the government turn slow and sometimes people fall through the cracks. I wish his family well and congrats to Officer Downes’ for doing what he had to, and stopping a bad situation from getting worse.