A Public Service Announcement,

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
[FONT=&quot]To my fellow Utahans who use the roads wrong. Watch this, move to the right. The left is for passing. If you follow this, there will be: less road rage, less accidents and a generally happier commute.

You are welcome!
:rofl:

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][video=youtube;4oqfodY2Lz0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oqfodY2Lz0[/video]
[/FONT]

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
This goes specially for those from IDAHO that think the passing lane is the cruising lane... which is what they are taught in drivers ed class.

DAA

This goes specially for those from IDAHO that think the passing lane is the cruising lane... which is what they are taught in drivers ed class.

Do they also teach them that when stopped to make a turn onto the highway, with only one other vehicle in sight in either direction, to wait until that vehicle gets close (at highway speed), then pull out in front of them at the last minute? Like they get bonus points in heaven for making other people use their brakes?

Seems to be a common Idaho plates move.

- DAA

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
My order of the worst drivers I have been around:

1. North Dakotan's
2. Idaho
3. Utah
4. Montana
5. Wyoming
6. Californians
7. Washingtons

When I was in North Dakota working, there were tons of Idahoans. They were by far the worst truck drivers up there. Always holding up traffic, always pulling out when you were 50 feet from them going 70. Always in the ditches on snowy days with the Texans. I'm so glad I'm out of that hell hole.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
most people in Utah don't use their blinkers due to when you do the person next to you will speed up to cut you off where as if you just move over they are ok... can't understand this one...

ID Bronco

Funny original post, love it.

It's interesting that this perception changes depending upon which side of the state line you live. We all believe Utah has the worst drivers. haha.

Seriously though, please stay in your own state to fish. We have had enough Utah fisherman for a very long time.

On the river in a drift boat you often see a group go out into the middle of the river, pass you in your boat because you are slowing it down to fish and then cut in right below you and fish your water. Here in Idaho we call it Utahing someone. haha.

Pile of parts

Funny original post, love it.

It's interesting that this perception changes depending upon which side of the state line you live. We all believe Utah has the worst drivers. haha.

Seriously though, please stay in your own state to fish. We have had enough Utah fisherman for a very long time.

On the river in a drift boat you often see a group go out into the middle of the river, pass you in your boat because you are slowing it down to fish and then cut in right below you and fish your water. Here in Idaho we call it Utahing someone. haha.

My Idaho friends call us Utards. I agree. We're terrible drivers here. Just not blocking the passing lane.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Drive south over the point of the mountain. The left two lanes are by far the slowest, ALWAYS. This has never failed in the 5 years I have been paying attention. I am a Utard born and raised but I'd take Idaho or California any day over I-15 through utah/so sl county.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I have to agree with the Idaho comments, the 2 times I have been cut off in the last week to the point I had to brake were both Idaho vehicles. And I was calling them Utards when I moved here 9 years ago before traffic was as bad as it is now. The biggest issue with driving in Utah is you mainly have two groups of drivers, the passive type with no real intent/focus on getting anywhere expeditiously and the assertive/aggressive type who seldom go more than 10 over the speed limit but still trying to get somewhere quickly, the problem lies with the assertive drivers trying to get around the passive drivers who clog up the passing lanes. I personally am not afraid to use my horn profusely as needed when someone is texting or otherwise being an idiot, but at the same time if it is an older person I will give them more space and go around them when an opportune time presents itself, we all have an old granny/grandpa in the family and I try to treat all elderly drivers as though it were my granny in the other car. As for Utard county, only reason we ever drive through there is to go to points south or Cabela's, at least now with the new Cabela's we no longer need to drive down for that.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
The old Utah County lane-inversion...It's been that way for DECADES with no explanation.

Drive south over the point of the mountain. The left two lanes are by far the slowest, ALWAYS. This has never failed in the 5 years I have been paying attention. I am a Utard born and raised but I'd take Idaho or California any day over I-15 through utah/so sl county.

ID Bronco

I have to add a little bit here.

I was in SLC over the weekend. I thought about this while driving. (yes I need a life) and was conciously looking to see if the OP had a point. My observation was that Idaho did not do this more per vehicle than Utah drivers. Haha.

Actually, I have a real question that I don't know. When it's 5 lanes wide and you don't want to get hit with every car coming onto the on ramp, and you are going the speed limit or 5 over normally, how many right lanes are o.k. to "cruise" in? I realize the HOV lane isn't, and I wouldn't do it in the second to the left lane either, but are the others fair game at 5 over?

On the way home, it was a blizzard from Thanksgiving point to Layton, that was no fun and I was amazed at how careful most Utahns where in the snow. They all slowed down pretty well, but seemed to change lanes like crazy for no reason at all. What's up with that?

RogueJeepr

Here!
While driving on vacation; one thing I did the last 2 years is.
Try not to be in a big hurry.
68-73 is plenty fast.
Trying to pass everyone on the road is pointless (always someone going faster) and easier on the vehicle especially towing.
Plus less stress overall.

While driving in Vegas I noticed people cant stay in their lanes. Failure to maintain.
So yes. Had to pass all that crap.

My winter driving pet peeves...
People who drive way too slow with their brights on or on the "phone"
(I want a train horn for that)

I'll move over if there is alot of mergers. Aren't you supposed to ?

Last but not least. People who drive up an ending lane to try and pass/cut off the last person possible.
For that they deserve the "block move".
NASCAR term. [emoji6]
After all, isn't it the Mormon 500 ?
As truckers call it.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
I had a weird situation the other day as I drove up to Idaho. From Ogden and North there was snow on the roadway. I was being the fastest driver on the road. I am usually fairly cautious, and often make comments about the stupidity of the guys in trucks zipping by. I felt very comfortable at my speed, and was confident in the amount of traction I had.. But I couldn't shake the feeling that I was the idiot driver this time..

Just a couple days later, with truck and trailer, I was in the snow again. I was the fastest this time also. My wife was with me, and told me I was going to fast, so I slowed to match the other drivers.. But I was plenty confident with the traction and speed I was at.

I haven't decided if I was the moron, or if all of Utah decided to be cautious drivers at the same time..

Tonkaman

I'll bet that new truck of yours inspires far more confidence then all the older trucks you've been driving. It's amazing how much the newer trucks are at sticking traction to the ground

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
My new truck doesn't have issues slipping at all, unless i switch off the traction control. Its pretty amazing. I can pretty much stop almost the same as if its dry out sometimes. I think a lot of it has to do with my tires though. Good tires make a lot of difference in my confidence.

I hate driving my Mercedes around in this crap. The tires are good, but I can't drive up any hills with 300 hp and 300 ft/lbs. Rear wheel drive makes it hard to get up my sloped driveway.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Last edited: