A Public Service Announcement,

mombobuggy

A tail gator will never admit to being one. just how fast do you have to go to use the passing lane? how many times have you been in the left lane going 85 only to have an indigent driver get within twenty feet of your bumper flashing the lights ? Last I checked it is I 15 not the Autobahn.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
A tail gator will never admit to being one. just how fast do you have to go to use the passing lane? how many times have you been in the left lane going 85 only to have an indigent driver get within twenty feet of your bumper flashing the lights ? Last I checked it is I 15 not the Autobahn.

I have a had a few tailgaters find out exactly how quickly my truck can slow down when towing the boat, between the manual trans and tandem trailer brakes it could drop speed almost as well as driving without the trailer, nothing says get off my butt like a huge prop coming at you at chest/throat level. Although I never really drive in the passing lane when towing, cruising at 70-75 is still plenty fast for folks to not be annoyed if they are behind me for a few seconds. And then there was the option of bogging the diesel to create a bit of smoke when needed, oh how I miss that truck....

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I have a had a few tailgaters find out exactly how quickly my truck can slow down when towing the boat, between the manual trans and tandem trailer brakes it could drop speed almost as well as driving without the trailer, nothing says get off my butt like a huge prop coming at you at chest/throat level. Although I never really drive in the passing lane when towing, cruising at 70-75 is still plenty fast for folks to not be annoyed if they are behind me for a few seconds. And then there was the option of bogging the diesel to create a bit of smoke when needed, oh how I miss that truck....

You realize that slamming on your brakes in front of someone is not only illegal, but incredibly dangerous? You'd be on the hook for manslaughter if you purposefully caused and accident and killed someone with your "prop at chest/ throat level" move...

The best thing to do with a tailgater is ignore them or move over and let them pass instead of escalating the problem.

Live and let live... you'll be happier with less stress too.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
In the left (passing) lane, it does not matter how slow or fast you're going...if someone is behind you, you need to MOVE OVER. If you are driving 50 MPH faster than the limit, and someone faster is behind you, MOVE OVER. You are not the speed police.

RogueJeepr

Here!
It's amazing how many people don't get this. Guys that want to drive in both lanes to stop merging traffic from getting to the merge get passed on the shoulder and flipped the bird. Is that you, RogueJeepr? :D
I was talking about the side streets. But even if nobody is behind you and they come sailing up to pass when the lane had ran out. Just dumb.

All in all.
Tonight and tomorrow morning is going to be very slick.
Yall be careful and watch out for the idiots. [emoji6]

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

mombobuggy

Good points being made. And I do just move over on the rare occasion that I use the the left lane. The last thing that I wish to do is provoke a person on a mission with a possible case of road rage.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member

Driving in the passing lane while towing a trailer is illegal. On I-15 it's illegal for anyone towing a trailer to be in either of the two left lanes (INCLUDING the HOV lane). There are even signs all over that tell you this.

And yes, if you're in the passing lane and you're not passing, MOVE OVER!

RogueJeepr

Here!
I think this topic is getting a little road-ragey. Maybe "it" should be shut down.

Way too many capitols going on here. [emoji6]

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
Attention shitty Utah drivers (yes, you.):

If you ever do anything to spite another driver (no matter how much you dislike what they are doing),
YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
You realize that slamming on your brakes in front of someone is not only illegal, but incredibly dangerous? You'd be on the hook for manslaughter if you purposefully caused and accident and killed someone with your "prop at chest/ throat level" move...

The best thing to do with a tailgater is ignore them or move over and let them pass instead of escalating the problem.

Live and let live... you'll be happier with less stress too.

Never really hit the brakes intentionally, I simply watch folks in the mirrors when they feel they can stop so much faster than the guy towing something and they are following way too closely in traffic. Suppose I should have worded it differently.

Driving in the passing lane while towing a trailer is illegal. On I-15 it's illegal for anyone towing a trailer to be in either of the two left lanes (INCLUDING the HOV lane). There are even signs all over that tell you this.

And yes, if you're in the passing lane and you're not passing, MOVE OVER!

I am very aware, hence why I said "I never really drive in the passing lane when towing", only time I do is for the left hand exit for Bountiful when coming southbound.