Abandoned Rhino

my4thjeep

Did anyone see the abandon Rhino right before the Forest Lake Trail?
If not here are some photos. I couldn't find a VIN... Reported it to the Ranger.

50.jpg

51.jpg

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
Talked to the search and rescue as they were bringing it out. He said that some guy rolled it up mary jane last week. They were able to get out just before it went over an 80ft verticle cliff. They were up by the water fall on top. I told him about RME and how many of are willing and have the capable rigs to do recoverys. He had never heard of us but wrote it down on a card and stated they have had over 60 ATV/4X4 recoverys in the past 30 days. Told him about the liberty that ya'll got out last week and he sounded impressed so he might be calling on a few of us to help out. Ya never know its good PR

I told him about RME and how many of are willing and have the capable rigs to do recoverys. He had never heard of us

Next time say "U4WDA". Sometimes you read about the recoveries here, but that doesn't mean it's an "RME" recovery although many "members" of RME are often involved. Of course it's not always a "U4WDA" recovery either, but it's a name they'll recognize. That ranger looks almost as bad as Meat's ATV last year. :)

Last edited:

Bart

My dad does trail work for that ranger station part time. I'm sure I could give them a number to call.

Xploderkid97

im trying to join up with the search and rescue team, ive been to moab with all of them(on dirt bikes) but i will make sure they know and use the support that rme offers! because you guys are awesome! Thanks for putting out a good site and for being good people!

TheBigSgt

Rep Big Horn 4x4
And don't forget the SLC Jeep list! Maybe we should start a recovery crew! A number that could be given out and then it could be sent to RME, U4WDA, SLC Jeep. Interesting. Just a thought.