Accident Cops

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Looking for a recommendation on Accident Reconstruction software. Looking for a program that does complete scale drawings from measurements, 3d models, and formula equations. If your department has a copy of a program that they couldnt live without please let me know so I can try and get my unit to purchase one.

V-DAWG

someday
SLC uses a pretty sweet one. I think it is called photogramatry, or something like that. You set out your markers on the accident. You then set out 3 more markers for your distances, 2 of them 30' apart, and one at a right angle. Then you take some digital photos, transfer them to a computer, and there you have it. Actually it is much more complex than that, but it seems to work well. I have never used it, and I probably never will because I am not at all interested in accidents, but the AI's seem to love it.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
A friend of mine is in accident reconstruction in Louisiana... I will see if they use anything at all down there and if so, what it is. And also if there is a Utahoo version, as I am sure they are using the Cajun version. I can't understand a damn word he says.