Official Accounts being hacked

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Be on the lookout - we've had a member report that his email was changed and account was taken over. Some private messages might have been sent by his account. DO NOT CLICK on suspicious links.

Let us know if you get an email saying your account email was changed.

I've banned the offending IP range for now but you never know.

-Shane

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
This is how you know I didn't do it, because if I'd done it a winch is not what he'd have posted for sale...

Enter @Kevin B. Hacking my account

STAG

On my grind
Something I’ve always wondered about websites and forums I guess, @Greg and @Herzog, can you see what passwords we choose? Or is that something that’s encrypted against visibility to even you?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Something I’ve always wondered about websites and forums I guess, @Greg and @Herzog, can you see what passwords we choose? Or is that something that’s encrypted against visibility to even you?
What Greg said. We can reset your pw (but cannot see what it is) or lock the account and we can see what IP address you are posting from. But we usually never check ip addresses until there is a scenario like today.

I asked the user(s) to check their private messages after they got back in to see if anything suspicious was up. From there we notified users the scammers contacted.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Also - passwords are encrypted at the db. This scammer likely got in from using a program to cycle through common or simple passwords against accounts.