Adapting 700r4 to Dana 300 via 208 adapter

JIMBOB

Ok so I'm trying to bolt up a Dana 300 to a 700r4. I'm using a stock 700r4 to NP241 adapter. The only company I know of that for sure makes a spud shaft that will work is Novak. I emailed them and you can buy just the shaft for $221.52. Does anyone know what other companies make spud shafts that will work for this application. I've tried getting in touch with JB Conversions but no response yet. I have not looked into Advanced Adapters at all yet which will be my next step. I'm just looking for the best price on a spud shaft that fit between the stock adapter. If anyone has done this or has come across any articles on how to do it and what all the options are I would love to hear your ideas.

popafink

If You Have the onginal output shaft from the tranny that came with the d300. You can take it and a yoke from a 2wd 700r4. Do a little cut and welding and build your own. Then heat treat it in your kicthen oven on as hot as it well get for 2hrs and then leave it in ther over night to cool. <old machining buggy told me that trick!! I built mine 5 years ago and have had no problems. I have a v8 and 37" sticky