Advice please: 88 4 runner with 140k and a new head

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
This 88 4runner has 140k on it and has a rebuilt head. it is pretty straight with minimal rust. The interior and exterior are pretty straight. it has some newer BFG ATs on it, probably like 30s or something. It is IFS but that is fixable. he wants 3155. is it worth it? I get between 2650 and 3000 on KBB.com.

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
not really enough info
dose it have
p/w
p/d
a/c
c/c
ect.
ect.

i generally wouldnt pay over low blue book...
i got an 86 that is in similar shape for $1,600
if you like/ want it heres what i would do...
offer like 2,000 and if he says ok then good if not
give him your phone number and walk away..usually they will want the money and call...if not no harm done.. keep looking...

Last edited:

DToy

I bought my '88 with 190K on it back in January for $1400. You can find them cheaper than $3K if you keep your eyes open. I'd offer around $2k and then keep looking.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I drove it today and the rear end was making a lot of noise!! it made no noise when torque was applied but when it was freewheeling or decelerating it was making a lot of noise!! I didn't like it. The guy was a little too willing to take 2500$ for it so I backed off and leaned towards a jeep he had on hand. after that I hit the trail never to return!!:D

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
the motor had major problems. I did a test smog at a buddys emissions shop and it failed miserably!! I promptly dropped it off and made haste!!!