Northern Utah AF canyon 6/14?

Rock Hog

Wrencher
Anybody going up AF canyon this weekend? I'm planning on going, but have never been up there and wouldn't mind another set of wheels :D I'd like to make it up Forest Lake, but would do most anything

MassLyrics

Tuner and i are going up sat. morning . We are meeting at the chevron at the mouth of the canyon at 10:00 am .. Last i heard everything was open but there was x-amount of snow and you could only get so far up mineral and forest . but we will find out !!

Greanbeans

Was just up there this last weekend and it's nice only snow is at the very top of the mineral basin trail. Forest lake looked good for what my friend said.

Rock Hog

Wrencher
Was just up there this last weekend and it's nice only snow is at the very top of the mineral basin trail. Forest lake looked good for what my friend said.
Sounds great. Ill plan for 10 but will have the family with (4 girls), so will hopefully be on time :rolleyes:
That work for you Zuks?

MassLyrics

I might be camping up forest lake.. So might see you guys up there?

Camping you say ?!! my buddy and i are thinking about staying up there sat night so we don't have to drive back after wheeling all day .. Be nice to just stay up there and put back several adult beverages after :)

Zerkalo

sorry to post somethin like this at every coming trip.
but ya think stock xj on 235s can tag along without smashing my undercarriage?
I trimmed fender, so plenty room to flex though.
If so then I'm in...

flex.jpg

MassLyrics

sorry to post somethin like this at every coming trip.
but ya think stock xj on 235s can tag along without smashing my undercarriage?
I trimmed fender, so plenty room to flex though.
If so then I'm in...

I'm sure your rig is capable. but i don't think it would make Mineral . and i cant guarantee you will not suffer rocker damage going up Forest ..

Zerkalo

I'm sure your rig is capable. but i don't think it would make Mineral . and i cant guarantee you will not suffer rocker damage going up Forest ..

i don't really care about rocker...just concerned about smashing my oil pan or cat converter

thanks for the info though, i'll think about it..

ninja TRDle

It's been a while since I did forest lake. Refresh my memory on about how much time it takes round trip? I could meet at 1025-1030 at the chev but would have to be back in Sandy around 2...