AF CANYON PROJECT Sat. July 21st

allterrain

AllTerrain
Marci at the PG Ranger District just called and is asking for help with a fence and re-veg project at the base of the Pittsburg Lake Trail.
Some guy in a 4x4 got stuck and messed up the area and reroutted part of the stream bed a while back and others have followed suit.

She wants us to meet at the FS office in PG at 7AM for gear load up and a Convoy to the site.

Hand tools may be needed, drinks and gloves, etc. will be for sure.
Sorry for the late notice- she just called!

Marci- 342-5244

Thanks!
Alan

Update:

We desparately need volunteers to help with an emergency project in AF Canyon on Saturday 7/21.

A 4x4 user caused some SEVERE resource damage near the Pittsburgh Lake Trailhead over the weekend. The guy was given a hefty fine, and he will be out there this weekend working on the repair.

There are two options for helping with this project.

1. Meet at the Pleasant Grove Ranger District office (390 N 100 E in PG) at 7:00 AM to convoy with Forest Service personnel to the site.

2. Meet at Tibble Fork at 9:00 AM to join U4WDA personnel to convoy up to the site.

It is short notice, but the damage was done over the weekend and needs to be repaired before the canyon gets busy with OHV users this weekend. The longer it goes, the worse the damage will become by continued use.

Being able to react to these types of emergency needs is important in our long term strategy to help keep the roads open in the canyon, and for having a chance to get some closed routes re-opened. We really need a strong showing from the 4x4 community on this project.

All volunteers get a free U4WDA t-shirt.

Bring work gloves and water. As with all volunteer projects you must wear long pants and closed-toe shoes (no sandals or flip-flops).

Who will be there? I'll be at Tibble at 9:00 AM. Hope to see you there!

Last edited:

projektdotnet

Cruiserhead
where is TF? Also is this an area where you'll need a crawler to get to or would my stock as a rock unlocked 4runner make it to the area that needs work without any damage?

mesha

By endurance we conquer
your 4runner will get there fine. TF is up american fork canyon.

On a side note there is a 3 dollar admission to the canyon. I have a pass so it doesn't matter to me, but those going to the service project should get in free I think.

vreference

(Heh - new under-cover account - formerly PSD_FTW)

I'll come out. I could be convinced to bring the F350 if it would be needed. Otherwise I wan't to take the 4runner out for the first time. See you at Tibble-Fork.

Meat_

Banned
(Heh - new under-cover account - formerly PSD_FTW)

I'll come out. I could be convinced to bring the F350 if it would be needed. Otherwise I wan't to take the 4runner out for the first time. See you at Tibble-Fork.

Why the new account? Herzog can reset your password or change your name on your other account......