AF canyon run 7/25

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike20

A.T.R Offroad
this was a really fun run, had a great turn out... 9 rigs total. no major break downs just a blown radiator and one REALLY stuck tacoma. it was defiantly nice to see everyone again, and hope we can do this again!

but here's some pics of the run

Attachments

• DSC00487.jpg
    DSC00487.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC00496.jpg
    DSC00496.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC00506.jpg
    DSC00506.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC00507.jpg
    DSC00507.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC00514.jpg
    DSC00514.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC00516.jpg
    DSC00516.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC00521.jpg
    DSC00521.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC00527.jpg
    DSC00527.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Lord Al Sorna

Harebrained Scheming
Great meeting and wheeling with everyone!

I had a great time up in the canyon, thanks for posting up the pics.

The truck and I had some major bonding time with the pressure washer last night at the car wash... I was laying down under my truck at one point blasting mud out of some pretty interesting places... Good Times. :cool:

Also, very glad to hear you got Stephan all rigged up and got him home. I think you need a merit badge for that!

mike20

A.T.R Offroad
haha i hope the owner of the car wash didn't see you washing your mud off... for some reason i dont think they like that very much for some unknown reason :rofl:. maybe next time we can run 5mile or lil moab if your up to it

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Well at least you were nice enough to link us to your photobucket account so that a picture of your license plate could be viewed. Don't be surprised if you receive a ticket in the mail for being stupid.

Lord Al Sorna

Harebrained Scheming
Gentlemen (and ladies if any are represented),
I must offer my most sincere apologies on driving into that hole next to the lake. I was unaware that it is off-limits / against policy to drive into the lake or what is considered to be part of the lake up there. I use a GPS for navigation, so I have never seen the forest service map that states people may not drive in there. There are no signs saying anything about driving into the lake, or at least any along the trail that I was aware of.

With that said, I will not be going anywhere near those holes again. If it is an ongoing issue, and people continue to make the same mistake I did, I'll be the first in line on a volunteer crew to put up signage, build fence, or establish any other means of education / trail control. The last thing I want to see is trails coming under question for mistakes like mine.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
I guess they could put up signs.... but what kind of world do we live in when one needs a sign to let one know that it's not a super-cool idea to drive into a lake? Next thing you know they'll start printing "caution hot" on McDonalds coffee cups....wait....

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Actually there are signs or should I say were signs staked all around the lake. Every year though people feel it's there right to rip them out and do what they want. Is that your fault no but the others that were with you should have known better if they were from this area. We as a 4 wheel drive community struggle to keep what little trails we have open and actions like this only help in closing trails. Glad to see you are willing to take responsibility for your action and there are several clean ups that are held per year to these areas. So keep your eyes open for when one come up.

Carsonsites are posted every year, but they usually don't last long. But do we really want a sign every ten feet to tell us what to do or not to do? Can we not accept some level of personal responsibility for our own actions and be responsible members of this community by researching areas BEFORE we go?

ALSO

If you stop to read either of the two kiosks (one at the bottom and one at the top), you will see text FROM YOUR FELLOW WHEELERS asking you not to drive in the lake.

Not knowing is not an excuse. It doesn't fly in this community and it sure doesn't fly with the land managers.

RESPONSIBLE wheelers take the time to know before they go by checking with the land manager maps of the area. Period. End of story. That's what it takes to be responsible.

Hopefully we all learn something each time this issue comes up. Know before you go. You'll be aware of restrictions on travel AND you'll have more fun!

1TonTom

Poser Offroad Bronco
i just think think it is a little weird you can drive through the river to get to forrest lake but not through the scum pond a hundred feet from the lake. Just my thought.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
Yes.... there's no defense of your actions and there's no point in arguing if it's a lake or not, simply apologize and we'll see you at NPLD 2010.

i just think think it is a little weird you can drive through the river to get to forrest lake but not through the scum pond a hundred feet from the lake. Just my thought.

How do you think it becomes a scum pond? Connect the dots. :)

Argue, don't argue, it doesn't matter. This discussion doesn't change what's kosher and what's not. When this comes up (usually three or four times a year), some people dig in and refuse to accept the facts on the ground and others use it as a learning experience.

Everyone picks their own camp, but we're all affected by each other's actions. ;)

Other than this issue, looks like a fun day up AF Canyon with a cool set of rigs. Don't be discouraged from heading up there again, just know before you go. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.