AF Canyon Sat June 21

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Since the discussions on the Wheeler that was unfortunately killed in AF canyon led to a suggestion of heading up there to see about trail maintenance and vehicle recovery, I thought I would see who is interested in heading up that way.

I'm already planning a trip up there on sat with a buddy, but if some of you want to get together to recon the accident area, lets go do it.

I'm not sure of an exact meeting time just yet, but I was thinking 10am at tibble fork res parking lot.

what say ye?

Fuller

Formerly limegrnxj
my club is meating up there this saterday at 9 am at the res. we are heading up to mineral basin and then silver lake to do some fishing if any one wants to join us.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Just read the report out of this mornings Tribune, is stated that it was a couple of miles past Silver Lake, near the Eagle Earl Mine, may have been pretty high up there... :(

addifan

Originally posted by BlackSheep
Since the discussions on the Wheeler that was unfortunately killed in AF canyon led to a suggestion of heading up there to see about trail maintenance and vehicle recovery, I thought I would see who is interested in heading up that way.

I'm already planning a trip up there on sat with a buddy, but if some of you want to get together to recon the accident area, lets go do it.

I'm not sure of an exact meeting time just yet, but I was thinking 10am at tibble fork res parking lot.

what say ye?

How about 9am at tibble fork res? How long will it be round trip?

Jeromy

Originally posted by Greg

I'm bowing out.... looks like I'm headed to Moab this weekend! :D

Jealous!
looks like a good weekend to go. only in low 90s

I may head up mineral basin this weekend depending on when i get my axels installed. I will look for ya if I make it.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Wish i could go but I have to work it would have made three weeks in a row. I wish I would have came for teh eggs maybe I'll stop by your house one morning J/K:D ;)

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
looks like we have a couple of votes for a 9am at tibble fork res meeting. I'm ok with that. I'll be coming down from mineral basin (driving over the mt from Heber), so if i'm not there at 9am, you'll see me on the way up to mineral basin.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
I might be up there after I get off work from Mepco.....I'll look for you guys. I have a few friends that will be up there already. Look for a white FJ-62 with a TRD sticker on it, along with a Toyota pickup being pulled by a big '03 Dodge Cummins. Oh, and look for my ugly XJ :D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Where is everyone planning on wheeling?

I am wanting to check out the Eagle Earl trail up above Silver Flats, its not that long of a trail, could easily do it and then head up to Mineral after...

Whos goin where?

sukaB

Banned
Quite being a bunch of sissy's...
There's no wheelin in AF Canyon....
Do that when it gets hotter...
Come out to Delta with us...
Cat canyon,chainsaw,anarchy alley....
Wussie's

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by sukaB
Quite being a bunch of sissy's...
There's no wheelin in AF Canyon....
Do that when it gets hotter...
Come out to Delta with us...
Cat canyon,chainsaw,anarchy alley....
Wussie's

Sorry dude,
I had this set up for over a month with a friend of mine. He's not ready for Delta or Desert Mountain.

You heading out to the pig roast next weekend?