AF Canyon Status?

Only the main road is open, and pole line pass is not passable. So if you're looking to hit any of the trails up there, they are not passable.

jdub

Scrambler
Sorry, E.g. was short for "example." Unfortunately there isn't another trail up there, that would be rad! M.E.G. stands for Mary Ellen Gulch, Check it out Meat did a write up in the trails section of this forum.

I'm super exited to see these trails open. Definitely not worth tearing up stuff in the muck. Meg for example has some points where it is eroding away the trail and trees are on the other side making the trail close to impassible with larger vehicles.

Keep us posted anyone who is up there on how dry/snow free the trails are so we can plan around the mudfest.

We should all plan a trip.

TheJeepGuy

Sorry, E.g. was short for "example." Unfortunately there isn't another trail up there, that would be rad! M.E.G. stands for Mary Ellen Gulch, Check it out Meat did a write up in the trails section of this forum.

I'm super exited to see these trails open. Definitely not worth tearing up stuff in the muck. Meg for example has some points where it is eroding away the trail and trees are on the other side making the trail close to impassible with larger vehicles.

Keep us posted anyone who is up there on how dry/snow free the trails are so we can plan around the mudfest.

We should all plan a trip.

that would be fun, I am planning on going up there tomorrow anyway to check it, I will let you know how it looks. thanks

Projp

All downhill from here
Went up Mineral yesterday until we hit snow in the willows. On the way in the Forest Service was scoping things out.
The culvert by the Pacific was either plugged or to small and was in the process of washing out. When we came out there were cones blocking off the road at the culvert (assume the F.S. placed them).

mesha

By endurance we conquer
went up yesterday and alpine loop was closed. Aparently a culvert that was put at the junction to timpanooke and the loop was wrong in some way so it is closeds. mineral basin was open

zukijames

goose broke the trail up to forest lake a few of us made it up behind him a few people were slidding down into the ditch and tearing it up please stay on the trail.. the snow will probably be gone by next weekend

Last edited:
goose broke the trail up to forest lake a few of us made it up behind him a few people were slidding down into the ditch and tearing it up please stay on the trail.. the snow will probably be gone by next weekend

:(

Thanks for helping me figure out what to do for NPLD this year.

Shoulder season gates coming to you for the 2010 season. Thanks to all who contributed!