AF Canyon Winch Recovery Needed

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Just got off the phone with the PG FPO regarding a abandoned/mired vehicle above Dutchman Flats (on the Dutchman-Miller connector road). The vehicle was reported stolen, turns out it was the owners son that took the rig, got it stuck and is now in jail. The elderly owner needs a hand getting it off the forest without paying a $500 or more wrecker bill.

Anyone interested tomorrow morning?? I need to call the owner and make sure he can be there with some keys. Supposedly it is not rolled, just slid off the steep hillside. Anyone???

UPDATED:

Meeting at 9am sharp at Tibble Fork Reservoir, I'll be in my blue Land Cruiser, try and be early so we can leave promptly.

Winch Rigs:
Kurt
badcop
Meat
Chadschoon

Helpers:
SRN
Craig Fife

Bodine?

Last edited:

Paul R

I might be able to make it there but I wouldn't have anything w/ 4wd let alone a winch... If it would help if I showed up I could try to shift my day around...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I might be able to make it there but I wouldn't have anything w/ 4wd let alone a winch... If it would help if I showed up I could try to shift my day around...

Even just some extra hands and straps might really come in handy. I'll have my winch equipped rig. I would like 3 total... and mabey 3-4 hands to help. I have not seen the truck, the ranger believes it is recoverable. They want it out ASAP as it is starting to get vandalized (someone broke out a window or two). Keep on an eye on the other thread for updated info!

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
What time? I was already planning on heading up with the Summit run, but I'd rather be helpful if its needed. I can offer the burly might of the Samurai and two strapping young men to lend a hand.

EDIT: Just read the other post. 9am at Tibble, can do!

Last edited:

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Aye time and place Kurt, you can count in 1 more rig, winch, gear and some extra hands.

talked to wife were in. See you at 9.

Call me if something changes 940-0546

Brian

Last edited:

Paul R

Well if there are plenty of people going then I am going to back off sorry but it would have been an a really early drive down from Logan to get there in time. I'll try and catch it on the next go around.
If you think you are going to run into trouble and not have enough people feel free to call me...

Meat_

Banned
Thinking of meeting at Tibble Fork 8:30-9am, that way we can be finished up and go up FL with the Summit crew!

I'm having trouble thinking of where it could be mired in that location :confused: I'll be there at 9am with my 8274, but I don't care to have this rig on anything worse than Forest Lake....

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'm having trouble thinking of where it could be mired in that location :confused: I'll be there at 9am with my 8274, but I don't care to have this rig on anything worse than Forest Lake....

Its on the connector road where the infamous "washout"/narrow section is... however he didn't fall off the road at the washout/slide... rather on the normal road north of the washout. Road shouldn't be bad at all... the first 1/4 mile of Miller Hill and then a short jaunt down the connector road.

Meat_

Banned
Its on the connector road where the infamous "washout"/narrow section is... however he didn't fall off the road at the washout/slide... rather on the normal road north of the washout. Road shouldn't be bad at all... the first 1/4 mile of Miller Hill and then a short jaunt down the connector road.

That's cool, I'll do that.

Corban_White

Kurt, plan on seeing me with the taco and some straps unless I hear from you that I'm not needed, in which case I'll see you on the Summit run.