AF Canyon???

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
not from heber side

There's plenty of good snow wheelin stuff back there. Carl, Nathan (TheNag) and I went up there last year when the Ut Valley side was closed, it was a good time! We played around above the Little Deer Creek campground, I think we got our fix from that adventure even though Carl & I were in stock Toyotas. :hickey:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
That sucks I always get atleast 1 good snow run it each year before they close it........The snow just came late this year i guess.

Did you read my post? You can still get into the general area... and the snow actually came early, usually AFC is opened past Thanksgiving.

As noted, the main gate from Utah County is already closed.

HOWEVER, you can get in from Wasatch Mountain State Park. Several routes from Midway and Deer Creek Reservoir are still open to gain entry into AF Canyon.

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
I believe getting to Mineral basin trail from heber (via snake creek) would be a shorter/faster distance than from alpine to the trail head.

Little deer creek, has two hills, that hit the ridge (not the graded road from the cascade springs road side of the valley) ... would be good puker power with chains and a foot or two of snow on those guys.

If some of you are up for some serious snow fun later this winter. Poleline pass (snakecreek) is a very popular snowmobile trail (they frequent little deer creek from this approach). Nothing like trying to not break through (or get back on) the pack.

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
If some of you are up for some serious snow fun later this winter. Poleline pass (snakecreek) is a very popular snowmobile trail (they frequent little deer creek from this approach). Nothing like trying to not break through (or get back on) the pack.

i'm so down