AF Snow wheeling tomorrow 5-20

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
EZRhino said:
The gate is open! Who wants to try to bust through to Forest Lake? I'll check this thread in the morning.

EZ

I might be in... mabey in my bro in laws Cruiser... I have all the dash wiring out of mine (machining a new switch cluster, with some new switches :cool:). I could take it but I won't have lockers... :(

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
AINT SKEERED said:
I won't, where is it at?

Almost to the top of Forest Lake, each year it gets trashed while people try to make it through the snow... we reconfigured things a bit last year, so hopefully that will make a difference :D

AINT SKEERED

Balls to the Walls
cruiseroutfit said:
Almost to the top of Forest Lake, each year it gets trashed while people try to make it through the snow... we reconfigured things a bit last year, so hopefully that will make a difference :D

Okay, I'll look out for it. If it does get trashed give me a heads up and I'll donate some labor to get it repaired.

CrawlerCraig

TooeleCherokee said:
Craig.. I thought you were going to Mini today at 10? something come up?
There are only like 2 people going today.......Most are going Sunday! I can't make it sunday......I would still go today BUT my friend i was going with bailed. That is why i was seeing if more people were going up AF canyon!

Meat_

Banned
cruiseroutfit said:

Guess you forgot that it bit the dust last fall shortly after the rebuild

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
ZUKEYPR said:
Did anyone make it to the top? I would suspect that Mary Ellen would be better being that it is predominately east/south facing slope.

Mary Ellen is probably clear up to where it turns back towards the mines (near the Yankee), it usually has snow there into late June... Great area regardless!

Meat_

Banned
cruiseroutfit said:
Mary Ellen is probably clear up to where it turns back towards the mines (near the Yankee), it usually has snow there into late June... Great area regardless!

On May 14th we got just a little bit past where the road is solid rock on the atv's. The road was still covered about 3 foot deep on the left (hill) side. Below that there were several large piles of snow (3~4ft deep) that we either got around or floated over on the quads

CrawlerCraig

Is Mary ellen toward mineral basin (snowbird trail)? On saturday we made it past the Rock Garden which is GONE.....past that about 1/4 mile past 3-4 switchbacks then the road has a pretty steep legde on the passengers side and gradulaly gets steeper.....we got about half way up that and hit about 3-4 feet of sonw.

Attachments

• IMG_0326 Large Web view.jpg
    IMG_0326 Large Web view.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 21

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Get a map ;)

I'll post a map tomorrow if I remember... It is pretty much exactly West of the Forest Lake trail, though you have to access it from further up the canyon (Dutchman Flats). The Mineral Basin trail starts (or does it? ;)) right up by the Pacific mine area.

Miller Hill is in between MEG and MB, you access it from just above the Pacific Mine (or at Dutchman flats after our repair :cool:)