AFT 2013 - A bunch of idiots going wherever we end up (UT/NV)

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I wish I had pictures, but along the way we passed through a town called Cherry Creek. I've been through this town a couple of times now, and every time, despite having newer cars and lived in looking homes, we have never seen so much as a soul. Nobody in the yards, nobody looking out windows, and surprisingly nobody carrying shovels back from a yard of shallow graves. Were I not concerned about what could possibly be happening in this odd little town, I'd recommend checking it out. Weird shit central.

According to the 2010 census, Cherry Creek has a population of just 72.

DAA

I've seen - and talked to, and drank whiskey with - people in Cherry Creek on several occasions. Just regular old desert rats.

Starting down the canyon from Cherry Creek Summit towards town just after dark some winters ago, I found (what must have been based on the above) about 1/3 of the population racing Flexible Flyer type sleds down the canyon. Looked like a helluva fun ride!

- DAA

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I've seen - and talked to, and drank whiskey with - people in Cherry Creek on several occasions. Just regular old desert rats.

Starting down the canyon from Cherry Creek Summit towards town just after dark some winters ago, I found (what must have been based on the above) about 1/3 of the population racing Flexible Flyer type sleds down the canyon. Looked like a helluva fun ride!

- DAA

No kidding... huh. I wonder if they spy us coming and just hide out :D

Tonkaman

This trip report resembles everything I want out of a camping trip. I am officially using this as the final push toward a new trail worthy vehicle!

04whitetj

Man, what a great trip. I'd love to do something like this. Maybe I'll start my own "Annual SPRING Trip" this year, as I wouldn't want to run into any copyright infringement issues. :)

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-F using Tapatalk

samuelsmith1979

Really cool Cody! Followed this trip on FB. Honestly a little jealous at how fun this looks. Keep em coming. Some of us with young kids at home have to live by proxy through you.