Ahhh ha ha ha ha ha this is hilarious!

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I see the humor in that what a very strange place for this to happen. But when priceless works of art are destroyed (and yes cars, even GM cars, are art in my opinion), thats not funny.

B2-Bomber

maybe he is super brand-loyal (to some brand other than chevy), and has a picture of calvin pissing on a chevy bowtie on the back window of his truck? and that's why he thinks that is funny?

comingdown

maybe the museum was needing some liquid cash so it did a sink hole to get a pay out from their insurance. But i don't find it funny.

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
I find this funny :rofl: . Since ive worked on a lot of piece of crap vettes with owners who are too cheap and don't want to pay to fix it right.
Im talking about 1970's to 2000's vettes. Interiors and bodies are complete junk .
Maybe that black one is worth saving but that's about it.

Each generation has been a stepping stone to what the corvette is today. Nobody can just make the perfect car on their first try, even after companies such as GM have made enormous strides towards figuring this stuff out and laid the groundwork FOR them. Any new car company today would be lightyears ahead of where they'd be 40 years ago just because of the automotive design knowledge there is these days, let alone new manufacturing technologies. This is why it's not exactly fair to compare the quality or whatever of a 70s vette with a standard cheap family car of today. If you're going to compare do it in a way that at least makes sense, like comparing cars of the same year.
Even if you're not a chevy guy you cannot deny what 60 years of the corvette has done for the automotive industry.

I'm not a ford guy, but when I went to the ford museum at the Miller Motorsports raceway I didn't look around and just say 'oh a bunch of old ford junk' because I've worked on plenty of crap fords. As a gearhead, I acknowledged their heritage and what they've accomplished and done to further the industry and respected them for that, and I'd hate to see anything bad happen to them because some are truly performance automotive history.

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I like Chevy, and I like more Corvettes than I probably should, and I found this.. amusing in a "WTF?" kind of way. I hope all the cars swallowed were 70's turds or late model replaceables.

Coco

I dont find it funny at all. No matter the history of any car, I like a lot of vehicles. I have always been a fan of vettes, though not my favorite car, definitely something I wouldnt turn down. At least no one was hurt or killed and only cars were lost.

LT.

Not funny. All of those cars are limited sometimes one of a kind. One millionth vette. Only one of those. Such a shame. I hope the cars can be recovered and rebuilt.

LT.