air saw q

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Brad Yates
ps. i'm still awesome
no, mislead. It depends on the saw. the key is to keep moving the blade so you aren't overheating one area. also a good quality blade. watcha cuttin?

Brad Yates

airwalks are cool
i'm lookin at getting me a fancy smansy IR air saw to cut my rear corner panels & body (1/8" or 10 gauge + body thickness), but if it can't handle it i'll just use my trusty dremel.

Caleb

Originally posted by mbryson

Ding Ding Ding............my favorite 'trimming tool'-fairly clean and pretty fast.....

I love the old cutoff wheel but I go through the discs pretty quick...does anyone have a certain brand they use that last longer???

I have used the sawzall and it works great IMO...

grinch

inner city redneck
Hay jeremy if you only have a plasma cutter..... We all know how bad thay suck.... I will be a nice guy and trade you my sawsall and air cut off wheel grinder...... I know im gettin the bad end of the deal on this one buy hay somtimes you gotta help a brother out....
When cutting the body we usually use a plasma cutter at the shop... If im at home and its a fairly straight cut i use a sawsall... if it is a round cut I use a 2 inch cut off wheel..... also if the sawsall is flopping the body panel around to much I use the jig saw with a good metal blade..... The jig saw takes a little longer than the sawsall but is far more accurate in cutting...

Last edited: