Airbag light Intermittantly working...

TJustin

Porch Dog
Supporting Member
I have a 2000 TJ and since my last excursion last weekend, I have had the Airbag light on. I hit a bump, it turns off, I hit another bump, it turns back on. The horn seems to be doing the same thing...

Anyone have any ideas of what is going on?

TJustin

Porch Dog
Supporting Member
the horn won't function until i hit a bump, then it functions, I hit another bump, then it quits functioning

TJustin

Porch Dog
Supporting Member
Well, now it does not work at all.. I took the cover off the steering column, and I could move the clock spring to and away from the steering wheel about a 1/4", I wonder if it is just freeplay or if its loose.

diablokicks

I have kind of the same problem, my Airbag light will come on in my 99 TJ and my gauges will fail. The speedometer falls to 0 and my RPM's fall to 0. I punch down on the dash and they come back...... i assume there is a loose connection somewhere, but don't know where

Jeeperman

A.K.A. Eugene
for those of you that have had this happen, where do you pick up a clockspring? LHM Jeep?

From the sounds of it, that would indeed be my first guess. and yes, you can get them at the dealer. I wish I could give you a ball park for price, but its been a while since I've replaced one.