Alarm/Theft Protection

ewander

Looking at the prior post kind of made me sick. I can't imagine someone stealing my jeep (it is kind of ugly), but then again, who knows. Are there any Alarms/Theft protection devices out there that are worth anything for a topless vehicle?:confused:

onetuff76

Guard Rail Tester
A kill switch is a great idea. Just run it to something like an electric fuel pump so they can start it up but then it runs out of gas quickly and they bail. I have one on mine that lets the starter turn and it sounds like it's about to start but it cuts out. Easy, effective, and cheap.

onetuff76

Guard Rail Tester
Well I wired mine into the hot lead on my ignition. This way it acts like its going to start but cuts out when the starter cuts. You can often tap into the hot lead on the starter solenoid. Or if you have an electric fuel pump you can tap that. Just find something electric that is crutial to the engine running and put a small and hidden switch in somewhere. Try to choose something that isn't obvious so they think that it's just a crappy engine or something. I was actually going to wire my switch up so that if it was in the "kill" position it would sound the horn if someone tried to start it.

MattThompson

When I had my TJ, I had a Clifford Concept 40 in it. It worked pretty well. It used a motion sensor, which was mounted in the console, between the front seats. It had two zones on it, one warning zone, and one that just set off the alarm without the warning. It also had a wide range of sensitivities to help avoid false alarms.

mt

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
i am a fan of pulling the rotor if you leave it for an extended period of time. in a zuk if you have the 2-lo conversion it is really hard to shift out of 2-lo so the thief can only get away at 20mph max. kill switches are great little gadgets too. but if you have the money get an alarm that can do all that for you. kill switch/alarm/anti-theft oh and get the remote start and window roll-downer if you have an SUV:D :D