allpro jambo @ the hammers

Badger

I am the Brute squad
uhm i might be a blind because i don't see a thing over on the forum you linked to.i looked in every section and there wasn't anything on your trip

leorn

reset
forgot. you have to sign up for that forum to see the section. here's a thread on marlin that shows a few pics from our group. http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=28164.new#new

I'll copy and paste the writeup...

It was waaaaaayyyyy cold, but well worth the trip to the hammers this last weekend. I was able to do sledgehammer and wrecking ball. I'll have to tell the story when i have more time. here's a couple of teaser pics.

just before the plaque on sledge
STA71367.jpg

the first part of wrecking ball
STA71399.jpg

more...
STA71407.jpg

did sledge alone. Nothin too scary. I took the bypass up past the mailbox, so I think I missed the most difficult part. (bad place to be alone!)

Wrecking ball-
carnage-stripped bolt on my steering box (fixed in 5 mins with my cordless drill)
did some significant passenger side body dammage. no pics. camera died b4 all the good stuff. see if I get some emails. (the damge in the pics above is from a tipover in logandale.)

You really gain an appreciation for the victor valley guys that built these trails. it must have been a LOT of work! Kudos to them!

Other carnage-
output shaft on the F-toy (he was bound up)
27 spline longfield (thats a front axle joint for those of you that don't speak toyota) it sheared at the bell.

I was amazed what the f-toy did in 2wd. It was a blast. I have done a lot of trails in moab, and there is only one of them that I used my 10:1 ratio in my t-case for most of the trail. It was perfect for both of these trails.

I'll be back to the hammers again. After seeing the f-toy in action thats what my 4runner will most likely become at some point...once I have a place to store it and a tow setup.

more pics from the guys i went with. you can see the body damage and waterfall http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=28164.new#new

leorn

reset
tires

its hard to say. they obviously worked great. obviously better than the old mtrs, but compared to the 36 tsls??? i need to take them to logandale to see if they work any better on some of the waterfalls out there. Compared to the guy with the 38.5 tsl sx tires on the same trail I didn't see any difference. Compared to the f-toy with crawlers...well thats different, but not a good comparison due to the weight of the rig and center of gravity.

the iroks didn't do much chunking like people always say. same as the tsls do imho

I decided the 42s were too much tire for the toy drivetrain/axles. I wouldn't hesitate with a full width axle.

here's a link with a cool writeup of our run http://www.runandplaymotorsports.com/All Pro 2k7.htm

Last edited:

Lizard Lips

I hear ya. thats why i went with the drivetrain I have. I Just got back from gettin my new truck. In the process i blew up our tow rigs big block and had to rent a f150 and install a hitch on it. We averaged about 60-65 the whole trip. Had to deliver a truck to sac and pick one up in oakdale. I'm gonna go with a similar drivetrain to what i have now. 4.3-350-dual toy cases w/ 4.7 in the rear and also fullwidths