Almost rolled it this weekend. (pictures)

The Stranger

Stranger Danger
I was on the obstacle right before the nest. I backed up just a little and my rear driver tire slipped and over I went. I can't believe that I didn't go completely over or hit anything. The truck was just balanced. I set it down and continued up the rocks. We got some pictures so I figure that I'd share.

PS_0057.jpg

PS_0049.jpg

And while I'm here I'll post a couple others random pictures.

PS_0046.jpg

PS_0033.jpg

PS_0010.jpg

Last edited:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Nice pics. It looks like you probably could have driven out of it from there, but not a bad idea to take the strap rather than risk it. I need to get this build done quick, your pics make me want to go wheeling bad!

The Stranger

Stranger Danger
Nice pics. It looks like you probably could have driven out of it from there, but not a bad idea to take the strap rather than risk it. I need to get this build done quick, your pics make me want to go wheeling bad!

We got a couple months left before snow starts falling, get that thing done! My truck is getting ripped apart and getting new suspension again here in a couple weeks as well. Hopefully it wont be down for the rest of the summer.

Last edited:

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
My Black 4runner on the rapids the weekend before...Hmmmm... coinsidence or conspiracy.. like black helicopters

Attachments

• 100_0384.jpg
    100_0384.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 40

The Stranger

Stranger Danger
Nice pic's....I assume that your running that W-56 you picked up from me,how's it working?
Yes it is, and it is working perfectly. I swapped it out 2 days before we hit the trail. Thank you again.

And thanks for posting in this thread, it reminded me that I forgot to send that package out. It is here on my desk and you'll probably get it tomorrow.

My Black 4runner on the rapids the weekend before...Hmmmm... coinsidence or conspiracy.. like black helicopters

Coincidence . . . . . . . . . . I think not. Well probably. But anyway you or someone else from here should come out and show me how to correctly get through that thing. Granted this is my first year wheeling, and I'm only on 33's but hell, it probably took me 20-30 minutes to get past it.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I didn't know that was you -_-

Yea, Im usually running the Jeep in my avatar, but its locked in the garage until it loses about 500 lbs of frame and sheet metal to make up for the additional wieght it gained in tires and axles. (hope to do a build thread) The 4runner was running sick but it did all right. its a future family trail rig.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
The Stranger;532656 Coincidence . . . . . . . . . . I think not. Well probably. But anyway you or someone else from here should come out and show me how to correctly get through that thing. Granted this is my first year wheeling said:
I made a few stabs at it on the far left and kept sliding right and sticking my diff, so I went far right climbed the wall with my front, cranked left and sidehilled over the wall. little tippie but was smooth and worked. as you can tell from the dents, Im not usually concerned with tip-overs. Every rig is a little different and seat time is the key.