Alternatives to Comcast?

Ogre Palowakski

Any advice on replacements for Comcast?

I'm sick and tired of paying those buttholes to advertise to me. I never remember so many f*ing commercials.

I suspect any service will be similar but I can't imagine it being worse than comcast.

All I care about is internet but my wife and daughter would like to watch tv too.

What are you guys doing?

chadschoon

I just switched from comcast to direct tv and quest. My Internet with quest is much faster and cheaper then comcast.

offroaddave

It's just one term!
I also just switched to Direct TV and Clear internet.
WAY better tv and no more buffering.:)

And paying about $40. less.
comcast free and happy.

01XJ

We currently have Quest net in our place and i would never recommend it to anyone! Its the biggest POS Internet i have ever used

Last Result:
Download Speed:1.32MBps
Upload Speed:0.31MBps

Last edited:

01XJ

wtf 132Mbps download? but only .31Mbps up?

Which service is this, home or business class?
Sorry forgot my decimal point its 1.32 Down and 0.31 Up. Which equals me wanting to go on a rampage when i have to wait 10 min for a 5min Video to load. I sure miss the days of comcast or better yet my fiber optic. When i was in a place that got fiber optic (Utopia) my Internet was stupid fast I was getting right around 20.0 Down and 15.0 up :eek:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Sorry forgot my decimal point its 1.32 Down and 0.31 Up. Which equals me wanting to go on a rampage when i have to wait 10 min for a 5min Video to load. I sure miss the days of comcast or better yet my fiber optic. When i was in a place that got fiber optic (Utopia) my Internet was stupid fast I was getting right around 20.0 Down and 15.0 up :eek:

1.3 is about what I get with my 1.5 Mb Qwest.

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
We have digis, everyone I have ever talked to hated it but we are right by a tower and it works great for us and our netflix. Both have been good to us so far.

Ogre Palowakski

Thanks for all the responses guys.

I was at the gym last night on the treadmill. I noticed that on the 12 TVs hanging there for the runners to watch, there were 9 which were showing ^%&* commercials. NINE. I'm not talking the expected Gold's Gym ads either, these were the run of the mill cable TV ads that are constantly being jammed down my throat. Which I am paying for :mad2::mad2:

The number continued to go anywhere from 6 to 9 TVs with *&%#@! ads -- the entire time.

Wouldn't you agree, that's a bit excessive?

I consider it an example of what comes across the tube at home, only I could see 12 at the same time.

Has anyone here had Comcrap for internet and TV and then downgraded to just internet?

I suspect they are going to try and rape me on the price for internet only.

Last edited:

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Thanks for all the responses guys.

I was at the gym last night on the treadmill. I noticed that on the 12 TVs hanging there for the runners to watch, there were 9 which were showing ^%&* commercials. NINE. I'm not talking the expected Gold's Gym ads either, these were the run of the mill cable TV ads that are constantly being jammed down my throat. Which I am paying for :mad2::mad2:

The number continued to go anywhere from 6 to 9 TVs with *&%#@! ads -- the entire time.

Wouldn't you agree, that's a bit excessive?

I consider it an example of what comes across the tube at home, only I could see 12 at the same time.

Has anyone here had Comcrap for internet and TV and then downgraded to just internet?

I work with a guy that does the phone/internet through Comcast and then Dish for his TV. I can ask him what he pays on Monday.

I went from a Directv with a DVR to Comcast with a DVR and I'm about ready to go back, I can't believe the difference in technology. Comcast seems 5-10 years behind.

Caleb

Now if only you could use a decent DVR (Tivo) with any of the dishes. To me, TV is TV. they all have the same commercials, they all suck. I hate comcast more than most but it's the lesser of all the evils (IMO). My brother switched from comcast to Dish and was trying to convince me to switch...he ended up switching back to comcast after 6 months...all I could say was told you so :p I had DirecTV for the first two years in my house, I can't say it was any better than comcast.

As for internet, unless you have UTOPIA in your area, comcast is the fastest (per dollar). You can get up to 40mb with qwest if you're close enough to their co, but you will pay out the ass for it too. I have the basic comcast right now and I get anywhere from 12-20mb down and 3mb up. I think comcast is the best (by far) bang for the buck.

offroaddave

It's just one term!

This is exactly what we did.And the bill was almost the same just for internet.:-\.
We went with CLEAR. no more buffering.:)
The only thing I hate about Clear and Directv are stupid contracts.