Amazing backcountry travel... w/ a camper

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Thought this was very interesting and worth sharing, the Land Cruiser is a 70 Series with a turbo diesel V8... :bow: I can't believe the places they're taking that camper! I never thought there would be a need for a waterproof camp trailer. :rofl: Love the boat on top as well, seems like they have everything they need for a week long adventure!

[YOUTUBE]wk6KJXeOM0k[/YOUTUBE]

Badbuggy

rock star
Just going down the road, everything in the cabinets is turned upside down. I can just imagine what his gear looks like in that camper.

rollover

WOW! Thanks for sharing Greg.

I love watching the lockers work.
Hard side? Not for long. He takes "RV-ing" to a new level.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Wow. :eek: My travel trailer is about the same size. Never thought of building rock sliders for it. I would be afraid of it slowly twisting and flexing itself apart like an XJ.

There was just a glimpse of an interesting suspension on the trailer. I saw some type of A-arms or radius arms. I would like to see much more.:cool:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Their camp trailers are absolutely nothing like ours. They have strong frames and sub-structures, adequate suspension, appliances designed to take a beating (Norcold, Engel, etc) and interior mods that make them as suited to washboard as a cruise down the freeway. We spent a bit of time checking them out in Aussie, super cool and super $$$.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Their camp trailers are absolutely nothing like ours. They have strong frames and sub-structures, adequate suspension, appliances designed to take a beating (Norcold, Engel, etc) and interior mods that make them as suited to washboard as a cruise down the freeway. We spent a bit of time checking them out in Aussie, super cool and super $$$.

That's funny. I was going to suggest that you point them towards your RTT thread. Maybe it's the other way around.

Toad

Just doing a little research found they have a twin turbo version of that motor that is available in the 200 series. Toyota has always screwed us out of the cool rigs that they produce. I was thinking twin turboed tundra.

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
Fixed:

Just doing a little research found they have a twin turbo version of that motor that is available in the 200 series. The federal government of the USA has always screwed us out of the cool rigs that they (TOYOTA) produce, whether emissions bullshit, or crash test results.. it makes it underwhelming for TOY to figure out the logistics of importing other than what they do, which caters to fat sloppy USA< Lib (Prius and the like) or semi-conservatove (Taco;s and the like). I was thinking twin turboed tundra.