AMC Eagle ??

J-mobzz

How's it running?
It’s running much better. Starts without having to touch the throttle pedal, idles much smoother and drives good. It does have a slight hesitation off idle. I’m guessing it’s jetting. I didn’t want to get into that until the timing was on point but @mbryson and his daughter where super kind and helped me confirm it was. I have a wide band o2 I’ll drill and weld a bung in and see where the AF is. I was ready to drop the coin for fuel injection but talked myself into trying a carb first. Glad I did. It’s running we enough of this is where it ended I would still be happy with it.

J-mobzz

Well boys I sent her a little to hard. I took it up to snow basin today to pick up my pass and was “testing” the 4 wheel drive in the Parking lot snow. I heard a pop and felt a shutter but couldn’t see anything wrong. On my way home I hit a pothole and the cv axle fell out of the drivers side cup and was toasted. Man that was a new cv axle too!
DEB3F281-DD58-4B34-BD5D-C456D2B41E74.jpeg

J-mobzz

This seems like a seriously fun DD!
I hope you finish it up real nice, then want to sell it for a decent price 😊
It’s been a blast. It’s crazy how many people make an effort to compliment it in public. We took it up to powder mountain to do some hiking today and the spot we parked was on an incline of iced over snow. Went to take off and just spun. Put her in 4 wheel drive and pulled right out.

my to do list:

new carpet and headliner and while carpet is out run cabling for new speakers, amp and sub. I want to leave the stock stereo in place and just use a Bluetooth amp.

I really want to do a 5 speed conversation. There are a couple T5’s on KSL but idk?

some front lights. I’m thinking the old rectangle eagle eye lights. They are just really pricey.

I still want to do a roof rack. But it really has to hit so until I get some good inspiration that’s on hold.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
You mentioned the T5 transmission... just and FYI there are two types... one out of the jeep and one out of the mustang. I did some research years ago and found the mustang one doesn't fit the jeep. THey are a close ratio box and would really kill your mileage and top end.
If you went with the jeep T5 you could also use the dana 300 tcase.

J-mobzz

Yes and to make it even worse Jeep has two spline counts available. I need the 10 spline. I can’t imagine having two more gears with an overdrive would net worse fuel economy and lower top end though.

T5
  • 1st 3.76
  • 2nd 2.18
  • 3rd 1.42
  • 4th 1.00
  • 5th .76
eagle 3 speed auto
1st 2.45
2nd 1.45
3rd 1.0