American fork 20 Jun 2010

Beeya

Hey guys. Dont know whos gonna be out there this weekend but Im headed up to American fork on Sunday. Gonna take my rig for its maiden voyage. Really I think Im just testing it out and making sure its trail ready. Ill be hitting as many trails as I can. Come on out people!

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
This is getting bumped up to tomorrow morning looks like we should be getting to tibble fork somewhere around 9:30 or so just depends on the wife. I can't believe my wife is coming with us let alone allowing me to use her wrangler, hopefully she has a good time and i really hope my kid enjoys it since this will be her very first wheeling trip.

Beeya

This is getting bumped up to tomorrow morning looks like we should be getting to tibble fork somewhere around 9:30 or so just depends on the wife. I can't believe my wife is coming with us let alone allowing me to use her wrangler, hopefully she has a good time and i really hope my kid enjoys it since this will be her very first wheeling trip.

Yeah I had to bump my trip up a day. I have to work sunday. Brain, Lisa and Camerone are gonna have a great time Im sure. Im so glad that we are able to get out tomorrow. Its gonna be a B E A utiful day tomorrow. Im looking forward to it. Part of me wants to break something but I dont want to have to limp home...

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
There is a group from Dirt Hedz and U4 meeting at Tibble Fork @ 9:00am to do some recon on the trail damage from all the storms. Everyone is welcome.

Bear

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Sorry if we missed any of you guys we got a slow start this morning. Our friend was driving the Runner and laid it on it's side which was pretty sweet and right now Justin is broken sitting up on one of the trails. He broke an axle and we are headed back down there to get him out. It should be interesting I guess we will see how it goes. He is a couple miles in on trail 111 I'm not really sure which one that is but the start of it is 4.6 miles from the Res.

mikkop64

Is it a green runner ? I met him at the washout and showed him the start of the trail to meg would have gone up with him but had to get back home

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Not sure if it's green or not it was dark when we saw it. We weren't able to get it out last night so we are going up in a few minutes to replace the driver side hub(fingers crossed that that is all it is) and hopefully we can have that thing home before night. I think we should be getting up there around 4ish, it takes a little while in my stock Z71 to get up there.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Oh yeah there was some trail thrashing going on. It was MEG for sure, he was stuck 2 miles up the trail in a nasty washout. We headed back out yesterday and my Z71 was not enough to pull that thing out so Justin had to come up with his 2500 and we finally yanked it out with both trucks pulling. So after some electrical work and swapping out a grenaded birfield we finally got it out of there. We will have to do a trip report with some pretty awesome pics. Today is going to be a rough one with very little sleep this weekend, all I want is my bed.

Last edited:

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Not looking forward to the day when AF Canyon is closed to motorized recreation. It's coming. Thanks.

None of this was intentional, he didn't mean to get into the spot he was in and he couldn't get out of it once he started. We didn't have much choice on how to get it out so we worked with what we had. Believe me I hate nothing more than when people make a choice to go where they are not supposed to...what were we supposed to do? Leave a $12000 rig up on the trail for someone to have their pick at it. I know most people won't mess with stuff but there are people that would have stripped it.

So if you want to question my judgement fine...but I'm sure there aren't many people that would have left that thing up there if they had a choice. I won't way that the way we got it out was the best but it worked and it got us home.

If it makes you feel better I did take time out of my precious day to pick up the beer cans that some idiot decided to leave on the side of the trail.

Don't get into situations that you can't handle or that you can't handle without causing resource damage. That's poor judgment for sure. Thanks for picking up cans on the trail while digging ruts off the trail. Nice one.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Don't get into situations that you can't handle or that you can't handle without causing resource damage. That's poor judgment for sure. Thanks for picking up cans on the trail while digging ruts off the trail. Nice one.

You don't need to convince me that people should not drive off established trails. Like I said before it really pisses me off when people decide to blaze their own trail. Do I like the idea that I had to drive off the trail to help a friend in need? No. Would I do it again? Absolutely...because if people only did it when it was absolutely necessary then there wouldn't be a problem. But because other people are idiots I am automatically a jack ass for doing what I needed to do. I am confident that if we had left it there until we had another option there would have been nothing left worth taking home and it would have caused even more damage trying to get it out.

As I said before it was a complete accident that the rig was in there to begin with, it was not intentional, there was never a thought of hey I think I can do this...or hey watch this...it was a simple lack of not knowing what was there until it was too late.

Why don't you spend your sarcastic, single minded hippie mind set trying to fix the minds of people who think it's fun to tear up the trails. Instead of wasting it on me, I already feel the same way.