american fork canyon sat/sun 30/1

devilbikerdude

hey, a few buddys of mine are going to be camping up in american fork on sat night and do some wheelin sunday. not sure where we will be camping,(probably at this lake we found on a side trail, not sure of the name though) but if anyone would like to join us that would be great, i was thinking we could meet at the maverick on 11400 s and 700 e in sandy around 6:30pm (i dont get off work till 5pm unfortuantly) but id love it if lots came. if you think you can make it give me a call Evan-792-7870 cuz i dont want to be waitin around at mavrick for someone who isnt showing up:rolleyes:

devilbikerdude

yeah i want to go to 5 mile to help out or the cleanup in AF but they dont let me go until all boats are stored away and finished, but maybe we can make it into AF canyon before the cleanup is finished

sixstringsteve

if my rig's still running after 5 mile, then i may just make it out there. i live 2 min from the mouth of the canyon, so i don't think i'd meet at the maveric. don't count on me, but i just might show up with a few guys. what trails are you gonig to do?

devilbikerdude

well i have no idea of the trails names but we will be camping up at this little lake. the turn off for the trail is right after a pull off surronded by a fence and you have to cross a stream to start out on the trail. if you have a CB radio i will be on channel 20 and if you have a walkie talkie i will be on channel 6-6
i usally dont have any service for my phone but you could try, its 792-7870 i really hope to see ya up there!

Meat_

Banned
sweet! um where is that? i will get a trail map, but is that on that map?

The trail you are talking about (with the creek crossing) is Forest Lake. Grave Yard Flats is a little bit before Forest Lake and it is a sharp left, the road actually goes almost parallel to the main road. There is a big mostly flat rock in the start of the road.

Meat_

Banned
np, just remember there are actual graves up there (by the sign) treat them with respect (more than one person has camped in the grave site unknowingly).

devilbikerdude

ok well i guess ill just keep an eye out for ya, if you see me in my jeep (exo roll cage and aero sticker on windsheild...XJ) please wave me down cuz all i know is that you will be in a ( by looking at the avatar) crawler toyota

M

muddyjeep

Just so you guys know about this there is going to be a major cleanup up that canyon saturday so you might have a hard time camping up there or even wheeling