American Fork Canyon Sep 20

g7killa

Choda
Organizing a trail run up AF canyon for Saturday morning 9/20. We'll pick the specific trail to whatever people want. Vote where your heart desires. I only know of Mineral Basin, Forest Lake, and Mary Ellen Gulch.

Another Jeep

ONDAROX
We were planning on heading up the canyon on Saturday. What time and where do you plan on meeting? We will only have 5 rigs at the most. How many do you plan on having in your group?

Ford Prefect

I might be in for that. We are thinking about camping up there on Friday night, so, perhaps we can meet yall. What time are you thinking? ten-ish?

Perhaps we can meet up at the damn? (I do not recall what the name is...)

I have been up to the forest lake, but I do not know about the others up there...

Another Jeep

ONDAROX
We'll be coming from up north. "meeting in Layton @ 8:00"That should put us @ the Tibble Fork dam/parking lot no later than 9:30 Rain or Shine!

Ford Prefect

I might be able to go, but my camp out got hit hard by the big bad Veto pen! sigh...

Maybe I can see yall there.

What is everyone driving so I know what to look for? I have a flat-fendered CJ-7 tan with black soft top...

g7killa

Choda
Lets make it 10:00am everybody. I'm camping up there too. Is there a place further up towards the trails than tibble fork that works as a meeting place?

heavy18

XJNation
Hey, I'm a newb and looking to get my feet wet, I was thinking about joining up with you if that's okay... I've done some 4x4ing in the past but nothing special - I'm a recovering dirt-biker, looking for a more "family friendly" hobby.

I"ll be up there at 9:30 if you'll have me; PM me a cell number if you can.

(I'm driving a lifted dark blue Cherokee with a Yakima rack)

Ford Prefect

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the directions to Tibble Fork damn is from the entrance of the American Fork Canyon (not from the alpine loop) you just go through the pay booth and it is the first LEFT that actually is a road. It is paved, and you just stay on there until you get to the huge parking lot and the damn.

Still do not know if I am going to get to go. Wife will not tell me. Hope I see yall up there.

Brian

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the directions to Tibble Fork damn is from the entrance of the American Fork Canyon (not from the alpine loop) you just go through the pay booth and it is the first LEFT that actually is a road. It is paved, and you just stay on there until you get to the huge parking lot and the damn.

Still do not know if I am going to get to go. Wife will not tell me. Hope I see yall up there.

Brian

Correct. I believe there's a sign at the fork pointing the way too.

Another Jeep

ONDAROX
we'll be @ tibble fork parking lot around 9:30 Blue chevy duramax with a terd brown Jeep behind it. 3 other Jeeps and one Landcruiser FJ40 in our group! /cya up there...

g7killa

Choda
Trail reports from anyone? I never got my rig out of the tibble fork parking lot because I couldn't get it started. I think I saw everybody doing the Mineral Basin trail. I was on foot.

jdub

Scrambler
I think I saw you there I was the black scrambler wishing I had more time. Bummer about your rig. I think I made a rod knock more of a bang in my cj5.