American Le Mans!!!!!! Whooooooooeeee

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
so my luck turned up after I got back up into the canyon. Truck went together nicely, runs fine. Got some printing done to help a pal out (the one with the busted truck LOL ) About 4:30, I got a call from my wife saying that my kenpo instructor has invited me to the races tonight, sweet! So I call him, his wife tells me that not only did he invite me, he has free tickets! Schweeeeeeeet!!! so off I run, grab a shower, button the last button and time to go, perfect timing!

Got to the track, MAN!!! I cannot get over seeing the LeMans cars, including the Aston Martin flying in the back of the Hot Rod magazine that just came, RACING IN TOOELE!!! The Corvette C6R's, the Cadillac CTS (on display, not racing... :(), and the weirdly quiet Audi diesels (that won)...
We walked around the east and south sides over to the pit row exit, man was that awesome! Full bore road cars screaming out of the pits RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU! Totally awesome. The Corvettes sounded GREAT! Friggin' outstanding!

The $6 beers kind of hurt though LOL Anyway, I'm hooked, that was just absolutely freakin' great, and there is no prettier backdrop if you ask me. Mountains all around! Beautiful sunset! and RACE CARS!!!!!!!

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I forgot the crowning moment:

A Bugatti Veyron on pit row. 1000hp W16 engine. Gets something like 12 miles PER TANK at full boogie, which is like, 220mph or something retarded like that. Did not expect to see one EVER, yet there it was. I nearly died from the sight!!!! OH MY GOD!

James K

NO, I'm always like this
calm down there little caffinated cheerleader.

sounds very cool though. I must be listening to the wrong radio station, as did not hear anything about them coming here.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
James K, I know... I know! But it was freakin' great!!!!

they're showing the race on CBS RIGHT NOW. go watch it.

I didn't take any pics because I wasn't sure if they allowed cameras and it's kind of a hike from the gate to parking. Next time though! fa sho.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Wish I'd have known LOL I might have gone in earlier!

Those Caddy's had full dashes... out of carbon fiber, with the race gauges on stalks in there. Sweet looking.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
those cars are a blast... the last area i was in in the mission was sebring florida... home of the 12 hours of sebring... good times! my favorite is by far the audi... then the CTS, then the posches... they had nastalgia races too... saw tons of old mustangs, vettes, jags, cobras you name it... even two original GT40's!!! all racing on te track...

-Jason

iceaxe

Backroad Adventurer
Tacoma said:
I forgot the crowning moment:

A Bugatti Veyron on pit row. 1000hp W16 engine. Gets something like 12 miles PER TANK at full boogie, which is like, 220mph or something retarded like that. Did not expect to see one EVER, yet there it was. I nearly died from the sight!!!! OH MY GOD!

I just happened to be standing in the right place at the right time :D while gawking and photographing at the Lambo behind it someone came by to start one of the tractor/trailors it was parked between and shared some fun facts with us.
It's the #1 production unit, has just been chipped so it will do much much faster 273 is the number I remember him saying. monitored via satallite 24-7, technitions on the way home to Europe flew right back just to fix a windshield wiper.

Last edited:

Tjjeepjunkie

J.A.M. Off-Road Racing
Airgas on sight supplying nitrogen

Attachments

• LEMANSAUDI_edited.jpg
    LEMANSAUDI_edited.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 10
  • LEMANSBUGATTI2_edited.jpg
    LEMANSBUGATTI2_edited.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 9
  • LEMANSBUGATTI_edited.jpg
    LEMANSBUGATTI_edited.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 7

Tjjeepjunkie

J.A.M. Off-Road Racing
More

Attachments

• LEMANSCADI_edited.jpg
    LEMANSCADI_edited.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 8
  • LEMANSCOBRA_edited.jpg
    LEMANSCOBRA_edited.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 7
  • LEMANSDYSON_edited.jpg
    LEMANSDYSON_edited.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 5

Tjjeepjunkie

J.A.M. Off-Road Racing
Even more

Attachments

• LEMANSFERRARI_edited.jpg
    LEMANSFERRARI_edited.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 5
  • LEMANSVETTE_edited.jpg
    LEMANSVETTE_edited.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 4
  • LEMANSVIPER_edited.jpg
    LEMANSVIPER_edited.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 7

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
nice!

The Corvettes are sexy. The front ends are swiss-cheesed to death, all full of slits and scoops and all manner of louvery holes.
I didn't know there was an earlier race... that would have been cool to see too.

JF1

iceaxe said:
I just happened to be standing in the right place at the right time :D while gawking and photographing at the Lambo behind it someone came by to start one of the tractor/trailors it was parked between and shared some fun facts with us.
It's the #1 production unit, has just been chipped so it will do much much faster 273 is the number I remember him saying. monitored via satallite 24-7, technitions on the way home to Europe flew right back just to fix a windshield wiper.

You didn't invite me! You suck! :D