AMP's trips with his YJ SourMash

amp713

Well I thought about doing a trip report for our most recent trip but i realized that i have done about 7 trips since buying my jeep a month ago. Decided it might just be easier to post pics and give short descriptions in one big thread and also give heads up of when we have another one planned!

amp713

Yesterday we hit some small trails and hills outside of Vernal, Ut. Not sure what the name was but you could stare at the highway from the tops of the rocks. We really didnt venture far and spent most of the time picking out cool climbs and lines. Still had a ton of fun!

I aired down to 8lbs and tried it out, dont think ill go that low again although anything i could clear i could climb.... On that not i got a ton of rock rash, the skid plate was used as a park brake a ton but the only broken part on my almost stock ride height YJ was a grease zert (Sp?) on the rear boom shackle, basically stock rig with aussie front locker.... My buddy was in his JK, only mods he has is a lift, our friend with the lifted fourdoor got called into work and couldnt make it out.

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 27
  • A1.jpg
    A1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 28
  • A2.jpg
    A2.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 28
  • A3.jpg
    A3.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 23
  • A4.jpg
    A4.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 25
  • A5.jpg
    A5.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 32
  • A6.jpg
    A6.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 23
  • A7.jpg
    A7.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 24

amp713

We did get some cool short videos of a little trail down through a wash but i dont know how to update those yet... They are on my camera.

amp713

Well Im over the hump and headed towards days off! I work an 8 on 6 off schedule and wed is my last day on! Ive got a tranny to rebuild for my truck and a few other small projects that will probably keep me busy but i would bet we are takin the jeeps out this coming weekend. Ill keep it updated as i learn more but if anyone close to the basin wants to join let me know! It will probably be a short trip to somewhere with multiple lines.

amp713

Forgot i had this post.... Ive hit a few trails around the basin along with trying to build one of our own. I just got back from moab where we did fins and things and baby lions back multiple times. Wanted to do hells revenge but it was a my friends family trip and they had 2 rentals and a toyota land cruiser so we took it easy. Still super fun!

amp713

One from Moab... I was trail guide since i was the only one to jeep down there before so i dont have many pics...MOAB.jpg

amp713

Spent sunday on redmountain! I did a trail review of it and posted 2 pics there. Dont be afraid to check it out and come with me next time! The trail was fun but we got caught in a rain storm that turned to blizzard and all with the setting sun. I almost flopped 2 times and actually slid off a small cliff in the snow and dropped the clutch when my front tire hit the dirt and used that to bring my rear tires back down instead of rolling onto my lid. Tons of mud at the end of the trail too!

FLEX.jpgRM cabin.jpg

amp713

Went to an area near the exit of Red Mountain. Such a fun area and plenty tough, some of the hard sections we didnt even get on video cuz everyone had to keep climbing out of the canyon to let everyone else through! I about rolled it one time really bad but no one caught it on video. I set up evertything and invited a buddy to be our trail guide in the area and i was easily the least built rig out there! Here is a short video put together.... We had two fully built toyota buggies in front then me then the rubi's and UTV's so the video doesnt have much of the toyotas but Im going to try to make a video and post it of what i have.... Just dont know how to do all the fancy stuff like JustaKon's daugter....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR4HzrM0_RE

Last edited: