an email I recieved

SammiGrrl

big, blue, & beautiful
I agree with a lot of those ideas. I wish the current politicians had similar ideas on immigration, rather than let illegal immigrants get drivers licenses and social security paychecks. If anyone else does something illegal, they get thrown in jail or pay a fine, or whatever the consequence is for committing the crime. Why are they getting this special treatment?

DorkAlert

SammiGrrl said:
I agree with a lot of those ideas. I wish the current politicians had similar ideas on immigration, rather than let illegal immigrants get drivers licenses and social security paychecks. If anyone else does something illegal, they get thrown in jail or pay a fine, or whatever the consequence is for committing the crime. Why are they getting this special treatment?

Cause it's votin' time!!!

RockRoach

here's what andy rooney thinks about that e-mail... (it wasn't really written by him)

"Some of the remarks, which I will not repeat here, are viciously racist and the spirit of the whole thing is nasty, mean and totally inconsistent with my philosophy of life. It is apparent that the list of comments has been read by hundreds of thousands of Americans, many of whom must believe that it accurately represents opinions of mine that I don't dare express in my column or on television. It is seriously damaging to my reputation. "

I agree ;) You guys need to be more accepting of other people... imho

B-RAD

OK wait a minute the e-mail james k got isn't exactly as Ted wrote it I really don't believe there is anything "racist" about the way it was written originally I will start a new thread here a little bit later after work so I don't get interupted It'll take me a while to type it as I'm a slow typer

H-K

INFIDEL
Supporting Member
RockRoach said:
here's what andy rooney thinks about that e-mail... (it wasn't really written by him)

"Some of the remarks, which I will not repeat here, are viciously racist and the spirit of the whole thing is nasty, mean and totally inconsistent with my philosophy of life. It is apparent that the list of comments has been read by hundreds of thousands of Americans, many of whom must believe that it accurately represents opinions of mine that I don't dare express in my column or on television. It is seriously damaging to my reputation. "

I agree ;) You guys need to be more accepting of other people... imho

Don't believe everything you see on the net (including this post) :D :D

Andy Rooney's "Bad American"
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney4.asp

George Carlin's "Bad American"
http://www.snopes.com/language/document/carlin.htm

"As of this writing (mid-2003), versions of this paean to political incorrectness have been floating around for three years, falsely attributed to George Carlin, Ted Nugent, Andy Rooney, Denis Leary and others. Carlin disavowed it on his Website. A variant ran in Ted Nugent's Adventure Outdoors Magazine in early 2001, but the politically outspoken rock star didn't take credit for it and other versions had already appeared elsewhere on the Internet.
More than one person has laid claim to authorship of the piece, but the likeliest candidate to date was a frequent contributor to FreeRepublic.com under the nickname "Bootyist Monk." The earliest known posting, entitled "I Am a Bad Republican," was dated September 1, 2000."
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blbadamerican.htm

Webby

Official Cutie Pie
hilltj said:
This is another internet urban legend... pretty cool views, but probably didn't come from Andy Rooney:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/rooney.asp

Later,
Al

Yep this in ONE broadcast is an urban legend ... but some (not all) of the comments he said in different shows but taken out of context ... there is a site somewhere that is collecting the video snips and trying to make one big video of the whole thing. I think once they have it done it will be funny to see how many times he changes his clothes LOL

Last edited: