Another 63" Chevy spring question for Toyota's

lenny

formerly known as PokeyYJ
For those that have swapped to 63" springs on the rear of Toyota's and are running a double shakle set-up. Do you notice noise/unstability while on the road? I read Greg's write up on it and he mentioned hearing a loud slap as the top shakle came to rest on the frame. Anyone thought about pinning the top shakle to the frame to keep it quiet

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
You could not pay me to run dual shackles. If you need more flex than 63's can provide (which is a lot) than run 4-link or something similar. Just my 2 cents ;)

lenny

Well I was just looking at the double shakle as an easy way to accomidate the length of the spring. I dont think that a super long single shakle would allow my truck to sit level, as I am only running the rear springs up front and I think it has about 3" of lift from that.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Did you read the rest of that thread? Double shackles suck, caused me all kinds of wheel hop and I ditched them after the first trip to Moab. Man... Chevy springs, that was so 7 yrs ago. :p :eek:

I know you're on a budget but you really ought to consider a set of All Pro, Marlin or Trail Gear springs. With the competition in the Toy market, the springs have come down in price & are quite affordable. They work amazingly well and make a Toyota ride better than it ever has.

lenny

Did you read the rest of that thread? Double shackles suck, caused me all kinds of wheel hop and I ditched them after the first trip to Moab. Man... Chevy springs, that was so 7 yrs ago. :p :eek:

I know you're on a budget but you really ought to consider a set of All Pro, Marlin or Trail Gear springs. With the competition in the Toy market, the springs have come down in price & are quite affordable. They work amazingly well and make a Toyota ride better than it ever has.

Haha, I didn't finish reading it all, there is like 11 pages there! :rofl:

Well I need to do something, I finally got out to play with the truck tonight for a few minutes at the B. A couple of impressions:

1. My kidney's hurt,,,,,,,:eek: :rofl: This thing rides like a lifted 1 ton truck!!
2. The truck hops more than a 10 year old girl on a pogo stick,, that back end really is stiff..
3. I need longer brake lines,,, badly!
4. I now need to rebuild the front knuckles, as it looks like the poor truck has a serious chamber problem..:rofl:
5. ITS GOING TO BE A FUN TOY!!!:greg:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
1. My kidney's hurt,,,,,,,:eek: :rofl: This thing rides like a lifted 1 ton truck!!
2. The truck hops more than a 10 year old girl on a pogo stick,, that back end really is stiff..
3. I need longer brake lines,,, badly!
4. I now need to rebuild the front knuckles, as it looks like the poor truck has a serious chamber problem..:rofl:
5. ITS GOING TO BE A FUN TOY!!!:greg:

TG springs are SWEET!!! (and cheap ;) ) combined with some decent shocks and 20 PSI in the tires it will ride 10 times better than stock :D

myota

my toyota
on chebies your truck should ride smooth...take out some leafs or something and ditch the double shackles.

x2 on the TG springs. I've got plenty of flex and my ride is smooth and sensitive, not rough and painful.

solidfrontaxle

Toyota jihad
Double shackles slapped on bumpy roads. Double shackles made my truck roll over. The springs ride and flex great and if you do some geometry you can get a decent shackle angle at whatever lift you want.