Another 7.3

Toad

On that starter....

Check and make sure the bolts that hold the starter on are tight. Its pretty common for them to back off.

I thought my starter was poopin the bed to. Got under to look and noticed it was floppin around. Tightened them and it cranked like a champ! Just something to look at

That never happens. At least not since I have started to give mine a snug every time I service it :)

Bart

No worries. The headlights do have a 06-07 look to them. I kind of thought you were gonna go with the Harley headlights since you are a fan of the motorcycles. LT.

I looked for the HD kit with the wiring and conversion install instructions but couldn't find one, so I just got these. They arrived yesterday and look great. Can't wait to put them on.

On that starter....
Check and make sure the bolts that hold the starter on are tight. Its pretty common for them to back off.
I thought my starter was poopin the bed to. Got under to look and noticed it was floppin around. Tightened them and it cranked like a champ! Just something to look at

Good call Cheston, I'll check that.

Did you buy the springs new? If so where did you pick them up?

Bought them new from Best Deal through Big O.

Bart

Finally got the new suspension on, including the leveling kit. Also did the stereo with device control and Bluetooth, headlights, grill, exhaust, and smoked clearance lights. I have a tonnaeu cover to add to the back sitting in the garage waiting to be installed along with new door lock actuators. So far I'm pleased with the truck.

stock
Phs1a.JPGPhs1b.JPG

As it sits now.
Phs2.JPG

Bart

How do the head lights fit? I bought some aftermarket ones that fit like crap. Looking for some better ones.

Headlights don't fit perfectly but they're not bad. You have to look close to see the problem. That and I found that my driver front fender needs adjustment. That will come with the new paint, if I every get that ambitious.

Tell me about the springs. How much lift? Spring rate? New spring back or add-a-leaf? How is the ride? What springs did you start out with? (listed on the tag inside the door)

I have V code (F350) front springs, plus a tuff country add-a-leaf and I don't really love the ride. Too stiff. What size tires?

Bart

The springs in the rear were broken so I replaced the packs with new stock F250 springs from Best Deal in SF. I did an aal in the front and got a couple of inches. It's raked just a hair so I may try to find a 3" block from an F350 for the rear to replace the stock 2" I now have. Ride is the same rough Ford ride.

Coco

Good looking truck Bart! I like it a lot! I am planning on some upgrades for mine too (head/tail lights, hood, tailgate, tint, new wheels and tires). I traded my 4runner for mine. Was very hesitant at first, but I think we both got good deals. Mine runs great (238K) '02 all black. Has some upgrades done to it already, I am mostly looking for some good cheap things I can do to boost some performance and MPG.

SPECIAL ED

Yellow Helmet boy
Are the old head lights in good shape, any chance are you getting rid of them? My truck has the work truck style and I don't really care for them.

Bart

I have my actuators, but only paid $12 a piece for them. Thanks. Going to do them and the starter today.

Bart

Did the new starter and door lock actuators this weekend, along with the new tonneau cover. I've got 2 projects left before winter, a cold air intake and a remote lock and starter system. I think that will do it until next summer when I plan to gut the interior and swap it to grey. The starter made a huge difference and I feel confident I won't be left stranded somewhere.