Another buggy project

Bart

Made some more progress yesterday. Got the throttle pedal mounted. It's a drive by wire set up and required a 2 point mount. Then I got my grill mounted and made a removable brace for my hood mount. If you'll look in the last pic you'll see where the hood and cowl come together, I'm going to put a piano hinge on the front of the cowl so it will fold back for easy access to tranny dipstick and master brake res.

Attachments

• gaspdl.jpg
    gaspdl.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 47
  • grillmnt.jpg
    grillmnt.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 50
  • hoodbracket.jpg
    hoodbracket.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 38
  • hoodcowl.jpg
    hoodcowl.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 44

Bart

Nice! Have you fired it up yet?

Nope, but only need a little wiring, fluids, trans cooler lines, and a right side header to fire. The header is the road block. Not getting very good service from Sanderson's. -_- I'll call them again today and they'll tell me they'll call right back, and then they won't. It's becoming old, real fast.

You should look into finishing this so we can go wheeling! :greg:

Thanksgiving in Moab baby, planning on it. :cool::brett:

Crinco

Hey Bart, Kiel has almost 400 post in his buggy thread, we need to get yours moving here ;)
Post up that number for sandersons and we can all start calling them and ask why you don't get your calls returned and when you should be expecting your parts...:)

Bart

Hey Bart, Kiel has almost 400 post in his buggy thread, we need to get yours moving here ;)
Post up that number for sandersons and we can all start calling them and ask why you don't get your calls returned and when you should be expecting your parts...:)

Hahaha, finally got through to the builder yesterday. They are going to hit me hard ($) for the custom header and it's going to be ugly, but I should have it within 2 weeks. They wanted me to drag the buggy out there. I laughed and told them that wasn't happening. Now they are going to make it so the collector is as close to the motor as possible and pointing straight out. I can then take the exhaust where ever I need it from there. Won't be pretty but will work.

BTW, not worried about catching the post count on Kiel.

R

rockdog

Hahaha, finally got through to the builder yesterday. They are going to hit me hard ($) for the custom header and it's going to be ugly, but I should have it within 2 weeks. They wanted me to drag the buggy out there. I laughed and told them that wasn't happening. Now they are going to make it so the collector is as close to the motor as possible and pointing straight out. I can then take the exhaust where ever I need it from there. Won't be pretty but will work.

BTW, not worried about catching the post count on Kiel.

Bart, If you don't hurry you won't be in Moab with the rest of us on turkey day weekend. And I won't get to finally meet you. :rofl:
I'm liking what you've done so far. It looks way nice. Hopefully I'll get to meet you and some of the rme folks then.
Phil

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK

Barts has more tech, mine had more sh!t talking;) Thus 27 pages of stuff lol

Bart

Bart, If you don't hurry you won't be in Moab with the rest of us on turkey day weekend. And I won't get to finally meet you. :rofl:
I'm liking what you've done so far. It looks way nice. Hopefully I'll get to meet you and some of the rme folks then.
Phil

Thanks, we'll be there, if the weather is good. It may not have paint or a dash, but it'll be running. I finished a bunch more stuff last night and am getting a little unexpected help that should speed things along. I should be ready to start it when I get the header back in 2 weeks.

Barts has more tech, mine had more sh!t talking;) Thus 27 pages of stuff lol

Glad you handled all the BS stuff. I really got a lot of info from your thread.

Looks good are you going to be able to test it before Thanksgiving?

Thanks. Yes, the plan is to get it out to Lil Moab a couple weeks before Turkey day, maybe even get out the Snakes depending on what we find on the maiden voyage. But you never know. If that doesn't happen it wouldn't be the first time I've taken an untested rig to Moab. :greg:

Crinco

Well, I learned a lot by reading through both threads, and I expect both buggies will out perform mine. I hope to get a chance to run some trails with both of you soon.

Those custom parts add a lot to the cost of these rigs, I hope they get it right the first time or it may delay you too much for T-Day.

Crinco

I guess you will have time to work on other stuff while waiting for them to get it done. I am sure you would like to get that engine tested though to make sure you don't have any hidden surprises! I had one, they burned my chip wrong and my enginge wouldn't start, they forgot to disable the VAT function. I found that out early since I started my engine on the stand and hoist.