another ejs post

leorn

reset
another ejs post updated with carnage

Here's a couple of vids for now. I'll add some more later.

Believe it or not i drove this junk pile from vegas and it even made it back.

first time up rocker nocker (people have always been broke there)
[youtube]PmWjWdOl25g[/youtube]

first time up widowmaker
[youtube]ZbVXNMrnl6A[/youtube]
might have to wait a few mins for the last vid to process

Picture046.jpg

Picture050.jpg

This is coyote canyon. third time was the charm. Pictured is my buddy's 94 extra cab truggy. First obstacle (squeeze) bound up his front driveshaft and broke the u-joint. Towed him out, got parts, fixed, went up further. Then he put his passenger tire behind a skinny slab of rock and tried to drag a few tons of rock up the trail. Thats when his 3/4 heim sheered as shown in the picture above. He welded it back on, picked up a new heim at 4x4 outpost and couldn't get it out, so he welded it a lot more and we put it back on to get off the trail. It worked great! By this time it was dusk and having spent the whole day on a very short trail we were ready to get home and didn't bother to spot much. (we had done this trail last year). He drove about 30 feet and rolled. It was a pretty nasty pull uphill in loose gravel, not to mention trying to get turned around and behind another rig on that trail. If you look close at the second pic you will see my rear fender in the foreground and a towstrap running to his vehicle. It gives you an idea of what the pull was like. After that he made it fine. He actually ran pritchett the next day on the welded heim and it held up great. no problem with the obstacles and even did the optional climbs.

Picture111.jpg

Picture113.jpg

Picture114.jpg

Picture117.jpg

This is on green day. The truck finally had enough. It gave up reverse here.

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Nice!! The flop & recover was good, I came close to doing the same thing in my 4Runner, set it on the rock slider and then got all 4 back on the ground.

Were you in 2nd gear going up Widow Maker in that vid?

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
we stayed in the same hotel as you.. we parked behind you just about every night(exo'd green '85 w/ orange beadlocks, green '99, purple monster truck on a trailer...) ... sweet videos!!!

-Jason

leorn

reset
thanks for the props guys. i still feel dumb watching people walk right up those same obstacles
hydro... well let's say I never had a problem pointing where I wanted, or driving around town on 6 psi all week. Everybody should have it. Road manners are great, tapping the box was no problem.
well I need to get some pics of some of the carnage. for a 4 banger I sure did a lot of towing

hey sami. i remember your rig. I was gonna go chit chat, but never saw you, just the truck

Last edited: