Another Sammi owner jumps in

NC Zuk

Bootylicious!!!
Hey everyone. Yep! Another Sammi owner. Just wanted to check in. Here is my project. Still have a lot to do though!! Hope to find out that this board isn't like most others with all the "Newbie" crap!!!! Later!

front_pass.jpg

pass_side_2.jpg

rear_2.jpg

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Very nice looking, clean looking and well built suspension. Ill give ya props :p I like the Long arms.

P

pokeyYJ

Sweet, looks like a trip to Utah might be in order, so that we can get a little Zuk Vs. Jeep action.:D ;)

trpl xj

I'm not much of a sammy guy but DAMN thats nice. I guy in my club is going to do a coild conversion soon I will have to tell him to talk to you. Welcome to the board.

NC Zuk

Bootylicious!!!
Well here goes..................

My name is Art and I live in Fayetteville NC. I am in the US Army where I am a Green Beret. I really am a newbie (compared to most) on the Samurai scene. I bought my first Sammi about three years ago while looking for a jeep. I still have the stock Sammi but wanted a trail rig. So I bought a sammi from a guy I know and drove it for about a year and realized it needed some major work. I went to a local salvage yard and bought the red Zuk you see for 100.00. It was missing the motor and rear axle. That didn't matter cause I was just going to do a tub swap. But after some research I got the title for the red one and decided to build it instead. Back in June 02 I placed a huge order with Rocky Road. Deluxe Coil Kit, KAD D-Shafts, 6:1 T-case, Lockers, Birfield rings, Over The Top Steering, Mege t-case mount, Rear Crawler Bumper w/tire carrier, Rock rails, and a bunch of interior bling, bling stuff. I also bought the front bumper from ShrockWorks (I co-designed it) I spent 9 of 12 months deployed to South America last year and didn't have much time to work on the Zuk. Last week I finally finished up the Coil install. It was a great sense of accomplishment as I bought a welder and did it by myself. I really look forward to getting the rest of the work done. It will be painted POPSICLE ORANGE just like the control arms. Then I have to install the complete wiring harness, motor/tranny, and the interior. I also have a Custom Gastank skid on the way and will be building a full cage so my kids can enjoy the Zuk as well. I guess that's about it. The bad news is that I will be deploying next sometime next week and will be gone for 6-9 months. The Sammi is just gonna have to be patient with me while I chase some bad guys!! If anyone ever has a question about the coil kit just ask. I can install it in my sleep (nightmares!). Below is a pic from the day I brought it home from the Junk yard. Big Difference!!! Later

p2250005.jpg

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Originally posted by NC Zuk
Yea, I post on a few boards. I'm getting tierd of one though. Too much BS. Hopefully I'll like it here and stay.

tons of knowledge on pirate... lots of BS I try to read pirate, and post here.

Assuming thats what you meant :)

NC Zuk

Bootylicious!!!
Originally posted by LiLBlueSidekick
Damn nice sami! Is that a toyota land cruiser axle I see?

Nah, it's a zuk axle. Eventually I will swap in some toy axles but not for a while though.

As far as the BS on the POR, Yep! I'm tired of it. :mad: I have 3 or 4 good friends on there. That's the only reason I still post there.

Does anyone here know if Shrock (Jim Shrake) is a member on the board?

74cruzah

Art, good surprise seeing you on this board. You will need to bring the sami out this way when you get back, a good portion is from out here anyway. It looks sweet! Good luck and make sure you cover your donkey.

Matt
RRO