Anti squat how much do you have?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
So now that we have the nifty 4-link calculator, how many of you know how much AS you have? please post up with a general description of your rig.

108" WB
38 inch tires

119.40% AS

It seems to work well, and doesn't seem to lift when I gas. Whatcha got?
f9e30fce.jpg

Last edited:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Shawn said:
I guess...

I also think people get to cought up in the numbers and not the real life senerio.
I completely agree. While I was at James house today, we were trying to determine what a good AS value would be, and people either have no clue what they have, or they haven't built it yet, and are fooling themselves. I would like to see what everyone on here who runs a four link rear has for AS.

wort

frenchie
okay, thats cool and everything, but what is anti-squat exactly? and why is it so good? is it just that the rear wont squat under acceleration? and how does that number quantify a 'good' four link setup?:confused:

just throwin out some questions...

James K

NO, I'm always like this
wort said:
okay, thats cool and everything, but what is anti-squat exactly? and why is it so good? is it just that the rear wont squat under acceleration? and how does that number quantify a 'good' four link setup?:confused:

just throwin out some questions...

anti-squat is the oppsite of squat. on that program 100% is "neutral". a good four link is one that suits your needs and meets your compromises.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Sooo, did you guys figure out your center of gravity location accurately? Yeah, I thought not....same here. Without that, any number for your AS % is going to be a wild guess.

What DID you use for the CG? The numbers that were already on the spreadsheet?

James K

NO, I'm always like this
I Lean said:
Sooo, did you guys figure out your center of gravity location accurately? Yeah, I thought not....same here. Without that, any number for your AS % is going to be a wild guess.

I used the top bolt on the bell housing

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
I Lean said:
Sooo, did you guys figure out your center of gravity location accurately? Yeah, I thought not....same

They always say a model is as only as good as it's inputs ;)

The model is pretty sensitive to changes in COG so unless you're within 10% of your real COG I'd say the number isn't super meaningful. My $02

...not a bad spreadsheet at all though :D

Brett

Meat-Hippy
me not smart.....me no understand any of this.....duuuuuuuur

here...someone be nice and figure out mine.....WB is 101.9" and I'm running 33" tires.....XJ POWER!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I Lean said:

Man you guys are lazy! I am trying to help others understand what an average AS would be on a rock cralwer, and all you guy s do is nit pick? Just post your fawking numbers or shut up. I realize that we are all guessing at our CG, but I have seen people on PBB posting an AS of 9%?????
Let's try to make this thread a little helpfull for others who are considering a 4 link. post your junk. Or are you afraid? :rolleyes:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Hickey said:
Man you guys are lazy! I am trying to help others understand what an average AS would be on a rock cralwer, and all you guy s do is nit pick? Just post your fawking numbers or shut up. I realize that we are all guessing at our CG, but I have seen people on PBB posting an AS of 9%?????
Let's try to make this thread a little helpfull for others who are considering a 4 link. post your junk. Or are you afraid? :rolleyes:

Not trying to nit pick, it's just that I don't see any point in wasting my time figuring out a number that isn't going to mean anything. (you know, the output is only as good as the input data)

I did input all the measurements from my rig, and depending on what I do with the CG location, my AS % can vary from about 60% to 400+%.

I think those people who claim 9% are not figuring it the same way as we might be---maybe they're saying it's 9% away from 100% AS?