Antirock Sway Bars

venpick

77 fj40
Does anyone know how to determine what length of sway bar arms you need? I see Currie has 17,18, & 20" lengths (The width I know). Is it simply just which ever you have room to fit?. Also, if I only want to put in just one sway bar is there any reason to choose installing it in the front vs the rear?

Last edited:

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
I was going to spout off something technical, then I realized I don't know crap about Anti-rocks, so I stopped. Hopefully someone smart will post up,then we'll both learn something.:D:rofl:

venpick

77 fj40
I called Currie and asked. The response was it depends on how you want your suspension. The short arm will make it stiffer and faster responding and the longer is softer and slower to respond. Also, they stated that all of the arms have several adjustment slots so you can dial it to the way you like it. So it would seem that the middle length may give you the best of both worlds. As to the question about mounting one in the front vs the rear, the person I spoke to on the phone thought the front was best and was not sure why so many buggys have them on the rear only.?.?