Any 7.3 powerstroke guys around here

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
as in your losing coolant and its not dripping any where? could be getting in through the intake manifiold by the turbo but that is not common. my 7.3 never gets low on coolant but it was when i bought it three years ago not sure of the reason

1adam12

THE BEAST
If its dripping the water pumps have little wear holes that start to leak to tell you its time to replace. It will leak right from the bottom the bottom of the pump

Bart

Check your oil. I actually had the opposite problem and was getting oil in my anti freeze. An injector cup had flipped in the head.

Ima9er

Crazy Man
sorry to hear about that. I have a 6.0 and mine will be going sometime I can feel it. but on a good note I have a buddy that used to work at gillett diesel and he loves working on those trucks. so if you can't do it and want to try to save some money he'll be glad to help you out. let me know by a pm or something..

Toad

I think I can do it just fine. More than anything I want to know why they went out. I just installed injectors and had the truck tuned. The 7.3 is fairly rare to have head gasket problems.

Toad

All fixed. After lots of checking things out before I yanked the heads I found cylinder 4 was the culprit. Pulled the injector out. The injector cup was allowing compression past and into the coolant. So after I ordered a 365 dollar tool 12 bucks for injector cup, and 16 bucks for the special sleeve retainer compound it runs great again.