Any aircraft mechanics out there?

Yota

I'm going to school to become a aviation maintenance mechanic. I need to conduct an interview with a professional in this field for an assignment. I'm looking for someone who wouldn't mind talking to me about experiences and their time in this career. Phone or email works for me, just PM me to work something out! :greg:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I know a few...do you already have a job lined up because it is a tough industry with a ridiculous amount of responsibility and liability. I don't know any who haven't been sued or threatened seriously. It is a lot tougher than an automotive mechanic because if you screw up your customers can't just pull over...they usually die or spend a lot of time in the hospital. The good ones weather the storm and persevere.

The industry is heavily affected by the price of aviation fuel and lately that has been pretty high so people don't get work done on their airplanes and don't fly which means no work for the mechanics.

The mechanics I know work on light aircraft so if you are going into the larger airplane industry it might be a little different. I have a good friend that runs one of the shops on the Ogden airport and has been at it for a good long time. Drop me a PM and I will get you guys in touch.