Any competition shooters?

kyojin

Does anyone else here shoot competitively? Specifically practical shooting like USPSA, IDPA or multi gun matches? I've been shooting for a few years now and it has been a lot of fun. It's a great way to see how well you shoot under pressure. With all of the shooters on here, I can't be the only one.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Does anyone else here shoot competitively? Specifically practical shooting like USPSA, IDPA or multi gun matches? I've been shooting for a few years now and it has been a lot of fun. It's a great way to see how well you shoot under pressure. With all of the shooters on here, I can't be the only one.

Haven't shot in any official competitions yet, but i've been practicing for them. Just haven't found the time to actually make it to an event. I would love to go and compete, unfortunately I work weekends when they usually have the competitions.

I'm a firearms instructor for the air force, and after all our classes we sit around and shoot steel. I've gotten pretty good at smoking all my fellow instructors shooting a 4 in plate dueling tree at 25 yards with my Glock 22. I need to buy a pile of ammo and start using my 34.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I used to shoot IDPA a few years ago. My dad moved over to the cowboy action scene and I followed him. I try and shoot an IDPA match at least once a year. 3 gun is way more fun though. That's the best part of cowboy, every stage is 4 guns. Do you shoot with the guys at the farm?

kyojin

Haven't shot in any official competitions yet, but i've been practicing for them. Just haven't found the time to actually make it to an event. I would love to go and compete, unfortunately I work weekends when they usually have the competitions.

I'm a firearms instructor for the air force, and after all our classes we sit around and shoot steel. I've gotten pretty good at smoking all my fellow instructors shooting a 4 in plate dueling tree at 25 yards with my Glock 22. I need to buy a pile of ammo and start using my 34.

There is a competition pretty much every weekend. If you have any weekend off and want to attend something let me know.

kyojin

I shoot at the Farm if there isn't another match scheduled. I used to shoot a lot of IDPA but am more interested in USPSA. I've shot several 3 gun matches and am going to the Rifle/handgun match this Saturday.

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
I shoot in a small gun club called "Tin Can pistol and rifle club". We shoot every other Wednesday and each shoot is a rifle and pistol of some kind.

Last week was unlimited 200 yard bench match and 50 foot open sight pistol at clay pigeons. 5 shots group on the bench and three different size clays with five shots, each clay was worth different points. There are 20 guys in the club and we shoot at the range in hobble creek canyon.

We shoot almost anything you can imagine from muzzle loaders to bench pistols. Even a rimfire only and a .22 rim only and a shoot that is .338 or bigger off hand.. Most of the guys I shoot with are gun smiths so you see some pretty wild calibers and some crazy guns..

We do a tactical shoot too!

If anyone wants to come to a shoot they are welcome to come, we have 20 a year and we are on #4 next week.

utah340six

I shoot at the Farm if there isn't another match scheduled. I used to shoot a lot of IDPA but am more interested in USPSA. I've shot several 3 gun matches and am going to the Rifle/handgun match this Saturday.

when you said Farm do you mean the 1 by 5mile pass area in ceader fort ?

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
This forum is getting me in trouble. So far I have a bunch of guys to mtn bike with, ride singletrack mx with, jeep with and now shoot with. Now I just need 3x as many days off.