Any Crawling in Saint George

cheapzuk

I just moved to saint george for school and was wondering if there was any good rock crawling here and were is it at. Just need to know if it is worth it to bring the sami down.

Thanks
Justin

cuban b

You're all WEAK SAUCE!
HOLY CRAP!! Is there crawling? It is awesome down there. It's like Moab, but more convenient. The coolest area I know of is called Washington hills. My brother lives down there. He and a couple of his friends are sami freaks (thanks to me). Definitely take your samurai.

desertrat

I've been going almost every weekend for over 5 years now, and still haven't run out of places to wheel. You'll find everything from mild to extreme. And most within short driving distance of town.

hammerhead

Junkyard Dog
Oh yeah, tons of wheelin' here. You name it, we got it.

What do you like? Slickrock? Rough trails? Nasty boulder washes? Waterfalls and ledges? All the above? :D

R

rockdog

Sand Wash state park is fun. We went there on thanksgiving. Had a blast. Crawled up the gulley straight across from the parking lot. It just keeps gett'en deeper and deeper. Way fun. :D

R

rockdog

Yep, thats it . First time i've been there, couldn't remember the name for sure. Fun place . Your rig has to be registered and have to have a whip flag like at little sahara dunes.

utahusker

Beatin'-The-Junk
There are tons of places out here, just ask one of the 4x4 shops. They are all glad to help. There are no clubs out here though.

hammerhead

Junkyard Dog
Sand Hollow is the new name for that area. To us locals who grew up around here it is the Hurricane dunes. There have been a few threads with pics in the trip reports...