Any ideas for a flexy XJ lift?

Bart

8"-10"??? With only 37"s? Interesting

I am glad to hear of smaller lifts and larger tires, the trend was/is inevitable. I just get tired of seeing so much junk out there on XJs that doesn't work. I guess you guys can get 38s on XJs with 3" of lift and if so, more power to you.

When I did mine, no one else had a long arm kit on an XJ, no one had sub framed an XJ, no one had thought of TJ flares on an XJ, no one had taken an XJ on Die Trying, there were only a few internal caged XJs, and no one I knew was running 37s. I guess these things had to start somewhere, so yeah, I'll take credit for only 37" tires with 8" to 10" of lift.

Bart

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by Bart

I am glad to hear of smaller lifts and larger tires, the trend was/is inevitable. I just get tired of seeing so much junk out there on XJs that doesn't work. I guess you guys can get 38s on XJs with 3" of lift and if so, more power to you.

When I did mine, no one else had a long arm kit on an XJ, no one had sub framed an XJ, no one had thought of TJ flares on an XJ, no one had taken an XJ on Die Trying, there were only a few internal caged XJs, and no one I knew was running 37s. I guess these things had to start somewhere, so yeah, I'll take credit for only 37" tires with 8" to 10" of lift.

Bart

Like I said before, I watched your buildups on the net. You were a pioneer with the XJ's back then. :)

Bart

Like I said before, I watched your buildups on the net. You were a pioneer with the XJ's back then.

Thanks, and appreciate it. It was fun, and XJs are a highly understimated rig.

Bart

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by RedRockXJ

Did I miss something then?

Bart did the first 'serious' XJ build-up I ever heard of.......35" on an XJ (or most things for that matter--that's when 33" were 'big tires' and I'm not saying Bart is old or anything {even if he does have a similar head of hair to mine :D }) were kind of unheard of when Bart had 37" on our precious unibodies..... :rolleyes: .......{why did I do this to an XJ again??? :D }

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
dude, Bart. You're a nobody and you've never wheeled an XJ. don't pretend like you know about them. :D

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

do you know how much that thing weighed by chance?

Cody

Bart

Wow, there's a blast from the past. There's still a lot of Flo around. Just gotta know where to look.
Bart (sniff sniff):(