Any midwife or ob/gyn recommendations?

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
All of this is why we went the way we did. ;)

Obviously complications are why we all have babies in hospitals nowadays. Last minute complications, like what happened to your wife, are rare. THE only reason to deliver at a hospital is just in case something goes wrong.

I've also heard horror stories of first-time moms getting unnecessary, life-altering decisions made for them by their doctors or nurses because of no other options being given to them, and they don't know better. The lay midwives I know are good about educating their clients about their options and the whole process. Doulas, I've heard, are good for this as well.

I plan to take what I love about home births and apply it to the hospital experience as much as possible. I might irritate the nursing staff with my stubborn need to be in control and refusal to be hooked up the whole time and when I walk around randomly, but I want the experience to be good for me.

jonascalhoun

My wife is an OB/GYN with IHC, and is located in SLC. PM me if you'd like details. I don't think she works with midwives though...

Dan

I set up an appointment with Margy Batson, so thanks Tacoma. I wish I could try Dr. Ward, but I just really hate the idea of having a male OB/GYN. I hope I click with Margy. If not, the search will continue...

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Look up Tina Fought! She was my midwife and delivered both my babies which were born at the we hours of the morning. She is SO amazing and has the BEST BEST BEST bedside manner.

http://www.physiciangrouput.com/physicians/fought_tina.html

She is so smart and knows everything about babies and she took such good care of me. Every freak out I called her and she was always there to talk me through it. I would not go to anyone else.

Look up Tina Fought! She was my midwife and delivered both my babies which were born at the we hours of the morning. She is SO amazing and has the BEST BEST BEST bedside manner.

Her degrees/certifications are highly impressive. Does she have any other locations? I don't see her on my provider list. Do you know if she is supportive of not being hooked up to machines the whole time?