any one going up af on the 27 or 29

00harpdawg

i've been dying to go up af and this weekend is a good time for me to go i was just wondering if anyone else is headed up there i might even camp one night

ewander

Is AF Canyon Open yet? I might take a spin up there one of these evenings because like you, I was planning on going up this Saturday.

skeptic

Let me try getting in on a trial run again...

Where is the meeting place? How difficult is the trail for an XJ on 32's with open diffs and little to no armor?

bretto

Willytime
I'd like to get out maybe meet at the Tibblefork reservoir parking lot at 10:00am on Saturday. Wanna run up to Forest Lake or Mineral Basin. Or whatever?
Brett

skeptic

If it's a run I can keep up on (don't want to spoil someone elses day, or my own, by constantly needing pulled up/out/over), post up some directions and CB channel and I'll be there.

bretto

Willytime
skeptic said:
If it's a run I can keep up on (don't want to spoil someone elses day, or my own, by constantly needing pulled up/out/over), post up some directions and CB channel and I'll be there.

You will be fine. There may be a few spotting moments but you will have no problems. CB channel is always questionable, usually determined at the meeting place. To get there get off on the Highland/Alpine just after the point of the mountain (guessing you are coming from SLC). Head east to the mountains up the canyon. There is a pay booth at the mouth, head up the canyon a ways till there is a fork that heads left/north and drive up there a bit and there is a parking lot on the north end of the reservoir. Now if everyone else will chime in to confirm that we will be there at 10:00 AM. That is when I want to be there.
Brett

skeptic

I don't mean to sound like an idiot, but I'm new to the area...

If I understand your directions, I'll head south on I-15 from SLC (I actually live in Clearfield), get off on Highland/Alpine drive/road/highway/whatever and go east. Pay at a toll booth, and when it forks go left/north until I get to the first parking lot. Never getting off Highland/Alpine.

If someone wants to swap cell phone numbers shoot me a PM.

BTW, looks like a good chance of rain tomorrow, how sloppy and bad does this trail get when wet? If it's raining will the run be called off? I'll probably show up rain or shine, but I'd hate to drive all the way there for nothing.

bretto

Willytime
Yup rain or shine....directions are pretty much right on. I-15 south to alpine/highland, head east (thru highland/alpine) then to the canyon. Pay then head up canyon. Aways up there will be a sign for Tibblefork that turns off to the north/left. Drive up there and you will run into the parking lot for the reservior. Will be there at 10:00. Not sure who will be riding with me (wife 2 girls maybe).
Brett

flynhigh_xj

Me and some buddy's when't up to Forest Lake well we didn't make it all the way. There is still way to much snow up there. And the road up to Forest Lake was a river its self but damn it was fun.