Any one use a Manabloc?

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
My new house has one, haven't had to deal with anything with it. Pretty nice all the valves are labeled so I needed to work on something I could just shut off that zone without having to kill the whole houses water.

B714F870-0B7C-452A-A1E5-6D1F7275619D.jpeg

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
My new house has one, haven't had to deal with anything with it. Pretty nice all the valves are labeled so I needed to work on something I could just shut off that zone without having to kill the whole houses water.

View attachment 113626

Sweet. I was interested in just being able to shut off zones, but saw the manabloc and I think it will easy to install and simple to run the lines.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
We have one in our house. It's never leaked in 11 years. I do wonder if it is the reason it takes such a large amount of time for hot water to reach every faucet in our house though. It's at least 5 minutes of running each faucet before you get hot water.

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
We have one in our house. It's never leaked in 11 years. I do wonder if it is the reason it takes such a large amount of time for hot water to reach every faucet in our house though. It's at least 5 minutes of running each faucet before you get hot water.

This is good to know. The reason i was looking into plumbing options was because the lag of hot water to faucets. I am looking at running a tank-less water heater and Viega who makes the Manabloc market that this helps with the time it takes to get hot water.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member

My house is 18 years old, can't speak for its lifetime but doesn't look like its ever leaked. I don't share your same hot water issue. It does take a bit but no more than 20-30 seconds

Magerdgr

Have gun, will travel
I have one in my house, been great, and I have no issue with time to hot water at any faucet. I did have to replace it about 8 years ago because it cracked, but it was simple to do. The broken one was maybe 14 years old.

Seth

These go to 11
I was told by my plumber they have fallen out of favor because of failures and the time needed to get hot water to the destination. If you run a single pipe you can do a recirculation pump and have hot water all the time.

My place was already roughed in expecting to use one and we ended up using a standard manifold and a single shutoff.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
We had one at the place we just sold. I loved it being there because I was able to easily add reverse osmosis and a whole home humidifier by connecting them to open slots. Interesting that it causes hot water lag because I don't recall it taking any more time to see it than in any other home I've been in but I was really hoping our new place would have one. I'll have to ask the builder about that now.

Caleb

I put one in my cabin when I tore out the old copper pipe and replaced it all with pex. I like it for my cabin because it makes it really simple to drain my lines when I leave. My runs are all something like 10' or less so I don't notice the hot water lag.

Biggest downside/issue on the install is you have to use their fittings for the main lines. I tried many variations and couldn't get anything that wouldn't leak. I finally just had to give in and order theirs and wait for them to show up (no plumbing supply houses around had them and online they were a couple weeks out).